when it rained on my parade

It was a late Saturday night when I was walking home by the alley. Not noticing the heavy clouds overhead as I was feeling down and heavy the same way.

Suddenly the skies got angry as the lightning flashed and the thunder roared overhead. Looking up, the cold rain poured down on my face. While walking, I let the cold rain pour down and drench my body, then suddenly out of the blue, I heard fast footsteps splashing through the ground.

Terrified, I fastened my pace but I heard the footsteps getting louder and that person's undoubtingly now behind me..

------

As I walked fastly, I kept my gaze down and ignored the loud footsteps. The rain suddenly stops... or so I thought.

I lifted my head and looked up to see an umbrella above my head. I averted my gaze to the right and stared at the tall figure who's holding the umbrella.

It took me for about... ten seconds to realize who it was. Surprisingly, it was Cho Kyuhyun.

CHO KYUHYUN.

My popular schoolmate, the worldwide crush and now he's here?

WOW, what happened to the world and suddenly I am lucky? In my head, I am spazzing and fangirling to the highest possible level like.. O M F G.

What will I do?

What will I say?

KYAAAAAH! What will--

"Stop staring, kid. I might melt."

His statement snapped me back to reality and I realized I was staring at him which caused me to stumble like an idiot. Aish, why now? TT~TT

He smirked at me as he caught my clumsy arm and I swear,  even though it's mean, I thought of that smirk as an angelic smile and it melted my heart.

--------

Cho Kyuhyun is a popular kid from my school who happens to be a member of a worldwide-known boy group from South Korea. He's a genius, specifically, a math genius. And yes, he is handsome. 

Many girls faint at the sight of him, guess so I'm one of them but I don't literally faint and drop to the floor lol. Not to mention Cho's drop-dead features, almost perfect face without those craters and his heavenly voice. He doesn't have perfectly toned abs like the others but baaaah, who cares? He's adorable :3 ANYWAY.

Cho is a silent type of person but he's really into gaming and evil things like... pranking his co-members and disrespecting his elders. (LOL,no offense <3) He's friendly but he doesn't mingle much because he's kinda busy with Super Junior and also because he is in his senior year while I'm in my junior year.

I don't think I stand a chance to catch his attention. Then NOW suddenly happened.

-------

As we walked further, I saw the light emitting from my house and I shyly pointed it to him. He insisted on walking me home since I didn't have an umbrella and he said I might catch colds, so I let him. 

When we arrived at a shed beside my house, he faced me and said,

"Hey kid, I've been seeing you around at school...AND I...I kinda.. Pffffft, aigoo nevermind, this is kinda embarassing...", He smiled awkwardly and offered his hand for a handshake,

"Friends?"

I blushed but I shaked his hand gratefully and once again, I almost died because of his smile and I don't know if it's a trick of the light or my imagination but I thought I saw his cheeks flush a bit.

He shoved something into my hand, glanced at his watch, slightly bowed to me then he ran off while shouting something through the heavy drops of the rain which I made out something like, "EIGHT IN THE EVENING, TOMORROW! I REALLY LIKE YOU, KID!"

Was that my wild imagination once again or I heard it right?

-------

THE NEXT DAY

I looked at what Cho gave me the previous night. Unexpectedly, it was a concert ticket.

And it is not just an ordinary ticket, it is a VIP concert ticket to Super Junior's concert. I don't believe any of this cos as long as I can remember, I was sulking last night because I know won't be able to attend their once in a sapphire blue moon concert in our town and now, I am holding a ticket towards heaven-- I mean for the concert and it was given by one of the members. WOW, is this fate?

xx

At around 7:10 in the evening, I arrived at the large concert hall where the concert will be held and I'm not surprised that the line has gone pretty long, jampacked with fans obviously of different ages and of different gender.

Without further waiting, the securities let us in.

I looked around and saw a sea of Sapphire Blue lights curtaining and filling the hall as if you'll drown in it. I can't help but be amazed at the breathtaking sight and I felt incredibly happy being a part of this wonderful fandom. Because when I have to drown in one ocean, it will always be the SAPPHIRE BLUE OCEAN. 

Thinking too much, I was startled as the loud music began blasting from the speakers. Each member sprang out from behind the stage. From the dim lighted stage, I counted, THIRTEEN. My  eye caught a very familiar figure, and it's none other than Cho Kyuhyun's.. As soon as the spotlights flashed, he saw me and winked at me while singing his part flawlessly in Sexy, Free and Single.

Once again, am I in heaven?

That wink was sexy and it turned my legs into jelly.. Aigoo~

--------

After a few more energetic performances, and some mellow songs, they went backstage and changed their outfits into casual clothes.

They are now singing No Other, one of my favorite songs which talks of a man who found the right girl for him that even if he look around for another girl, the girl he found is the most perfect and he's happy with her.

Scattered all over the stage, going to different sections of the hall whilst holding a rose with blue glittery petals, looking for a lucky to give it to. 

My eyes dart from Siwon to Donghae then to Hyukjae, I didn't even notice Cho approaching over to our section until I heard that the screams behind me were getting louder and when I did, I was dumbfounded by the sight of Cho offering me the flower with a very sweet smile plastered in his lips. I took it shyly, gratefully and shakily as I saw his lips move and he mouthed "Saranghae!" while staring deeply into my eyes with his own killers.

I smiled and shouted,  "Nado, saranghae!" I didn't care that even my own scream was drowned by the others' loud voices. All that mattered was I told him what I was really feeling for him.

And as I did, I didn't notice the tears flowing out of my eyes because of joy..

--------

By the time the concert was over, the image of his smile never left my mind as it kept on rewinding in my brain. The time that he gave me the rose and that moment he mouthed 'Saranghae' while looking into my eyes deeply and sincerely. I am beyond happy, I can't explain what I feel in 1000 characters.

The whole event was a success and they promised for another comeback.

AND THAT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER.

THE END.

XXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for reading this. My first ever one-shot story. <3

Sincerely yours,

Demz xx