article

LEIGHTON MEESTER TO STAR ALONGSIDE SEBASTIAN STAN IN UPCOMING WINTER SOLDIER MOVIE

The news that Marvel was finally giving Bucky Barnes his own solo movie was a shock to us all

The news that Marvel was finally giving Bucky Barnes his own solo movie was a shock to us all. After years of fan protests and petitions, we finally get to see Bucky Barnes in his rightful place on the big screen, but this time, instead of battling it out against Thanos with Steve Rogers and the rest of the Avengers, we're now going to see him with an entirely different crew.

Just yesterday, Gossip Girl alum Leighton Meester revealed she was taking her spot in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and although we're excited to see Leighton join Sebastian on the big screen, we can't help but wonder if she took the job solely because of her past with Sebastian.

Back in 2008, the two actors starred alongside each other in Gossip Girl, and while their two characters were very briefly involved with each other onscreen, offscreen was a much different story.

Stan and Meester began dating in 2008 before Meester called off the relationship in 2010. The reason behind the breakup still remains unclear, but those of us here at E! are wondering if this is Leighton's attempting at reconciling with Sebastian. With Sebastian now nearing his and fellow Marvel actress Reyna Foster's fifth wedding anniversary, we can only hope that isn't the case; we'd sure hate to see trouble in paradise for our dynamic duo.