Chapter 2: Nothing will Make me as Pretty as You

Chapter 2:

Nothing will Make me as Pretty as You

The next morning was Sunday and I was pretty stoked after yesterday’s uproar with that weirdo who pinned me against a wall. But I must admit, that was the first time a boy’s ever held my arms, even if it was for a bad reason.

My sister was eating her breakfast slowly at the dining table. She looked drowsy like she didn’t get enough sleep.

“Hi, you awake yet?” I asked her smiling. I patted her shoulder and she glared at me.

“Nope... keep the noise down.” She murmured wistfully. The bags under her eyes were quiet big. She looked sort of zombie-ish. 

I finally realized why she felt like crap, “Oh that was the first ever time a boy’s walked out on you. Ever! Isn’t it?” I said sliding into the chair next to her. I poured my cereal of Coco Pops into a bowl and added some milk.

Irma looked at me with a sad expression. “Yes... I hope he still likes me...” She whispered with a shaky voice. How the hell could she say something like that? That boy pinned me up against the wall and threw her to the floor and she still has feelings for him? What’s going on in her head? Wait! Never mind! I don’t wanna know after all!

“What are you saying?” I gasped getting a metal spoon out of the draw. “He threw you onto the floor, pinned me up against the door and stomped out without a word, and you STILL like him?” I gave her the death stare and she did the same back to me.

“You don’t get it, Iruka! I really thought we had the chemistry! I really thought we were right for each other.” She said smacking her hands onto the table. She looked angry but I looked furious.

“That’s what you say about every boy! You just want it to be true!” I yelled shoving Coco Pops into my mouth. Irma stared at me. Her eyes filled with anger and hatred.

“You don’t know! You’ve never been in this situation!” She added trying to calm down. She placed her hands on her face and sobbed quietly.

“No, you’re right. I haven’t been in this situation before. I’ve never had a boyfriend and I’ll probably never will get one in my life. I’ll have no friends and die lonely. Keep complaining Irma cause I believe that you’re life’s gonna be shit and mines gonna be the dream of a lifetime!” I swallowed, picking up my bowl and spoon and taking it up to my bedroom to eat it in peace. I couldn’t bear to watch her grief over a boy and I watching thinking; this will never happen to me; I’m too ugly and have no friends. I will never be as popular as her and she, right now, is complaining about how her life sucks and it’s horrible! Think of me? She doesn’t think about my life though.

I sat at my desk and realized I forgot to shut my bedroom door. I couldn’t be bothered to get up and shut it cause I just basically woke up and my joints are still half asleep.

I munched and chewed my Coco Pops and thought about how thirsty I was. I Wanted a Diet Coke right then and there but as I said, I couldn’t be bothered to get up.

“Knock knock.” Whispered a familiar voice from outside my bedroom. Oh god, have mercy on my soul; I thought as Irma walked into my room with two Diet Coke’s.

“What do you want?” I asked not turning around to look at her. I was busy reading my emails from school. They sent me emails so I can catch up on work and they also send me study notes for upcoming tests. I noticed an email from Irma. I sighed and clicked on it. “Invisible Sandwich!” It said and a cat was pretending to hold one.

“Oh yeah! I sent you that not that long ago! Funny, huh?” She said laughing.

I turned to glare at her. “I don’t have any care for cats.” I said deleting the email.