Rainy Days and Mondays

Charlene ^^ aka: Stacey Dash

After getting dressed and ready for the day in army boots, ripped jeans and a loose T-shirt that said 'I smile cause you've all finally driven me insane', I make my way back downstairs.

The first thing I see when I come downstairs is my brother and Derek laughing and pushing each other playfully.

The familiar feelings of fluttering attack my heart and stomach, leaving me a little breathless like every other time I've seen him.

My brother's back was facing me, so Derek was the first one to see me.

"Hey Raynie." Derek said smiling as he used the nickname he's used ever since we were little.

That nickname paired with his beautiful smile did dangerous things to my heart.

I wave awkwardly and watch as my older brother Leon turns around, eyes twinkling with mirth, still smiling to himself, probably over a joke that was passed between them before I came.

"Hey little sister. About time you got up. Normally you're up before I am." Leon says while putting his arm around my shoulders and guiding me toward the kitchen.

I look up at my brother and silently shrug my shoulders. I smile up at him. He looks so much more like our Mother than I do. I unfortunately look more like our Father.

Not that I hate my looks or anything. I just hate looking like someone so selfish.

My brother and I walk in the kitchen to find my mom cooking breakfast. When we walk in, she just looks up and smiles at all of us. If I didn't know any better, I would think this morning never happened.

"Hello, my gorgeous children. Would one of you like to set the table? Breakfast is almost ready." My mom asked smiling.

"What's the special occasion?" Leon asked confused. I don't blame him. Usually mom is at work by now and we usually make our own breakfast.

Mom's smile falters a bit, before she brings it back full force. "I don't have to be at work today until one, so I just thought I'd make you guys breakfast."

Leon smiles not even questioning it and goes to set the table. Derek on the other hand, looks at her strangely, than at me. He knows that both of my parents are workaholics. This never happens.

Even though I know the reason for my Mother's strange behavior, I simply shrug my shoulders again and go to help my mother with the food. I can feel his stare on my back as I walk away, but after a couple of minutes Derek does the same. Silently we both pick up a serving dish to put in the middle of the table.

After we finish eating. Derek and Leon grab all the dishes to put in the dishwasher. Mom attempted to, but they grabbed the dishes first out of sheer habit.

While they were in the kitchen. I looked at my Mother and noticed her staring at the rain out the window with a far off look in her eyes.

Something in her expression looked so sad.

---------------------

We managed to get to school 10 minutes before the bell went off. Leon ran off without us, since he's super anal about being late. He may be the star quarterback, but most people would never guess how nerdy my older brother actually is.

"There he goes. Running like his butt is on fire." Derek says laughing. I put my hand over my mouth to cover up my smile.

Derek grins at me, causing my heart to beat a little out of rhythm. He reaches up and pulls my hand away from my mouth and I shiver a little at the electric feeling coming from his hand. He lets go as soon as he pulls my hand from my face.

"See there's that beautiful smile." Derek says smiling thoughtfully. My heart beats even harder at the words and my smile widens.

"Well, I've got to get to class, but see you after school, okay?"

I nod my head and wave, watching him grab his guitar case and throw it over his shoulders before running off.

I slowly take my time up the steps to school, grateful that it's not currently raining and make my way to my first period English class daydreaming of Derek.

Okay! So on my phone again... probably super short. I honestly can't tell, but I'd love some honest feedback. I don't mind If you correct my grammar or have certain suggestions, any feedback if helpful.