Ride the Solar system

©Georgina Fawcett 1998 All rights reserved.

This novel is fiction and no inferences should be drawn from it. It is purely for your entertainment.  It may include ideas and stories that present an alternate world to religion and if bought for a child or teenager you should read it first to see if you are happy with the nature of the story.

Georgina Fawcett asserts the moral and legal right to be identified as the author of this work.

All rights reserved.  No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior permission of the author.

This manuscript is submitted on the condition that it shall not, by way of trade or otherwise, be lent, resold, hired out or otherwise circulated without the author’s prior consent in any form of binding or cover other than that in which it is published and without a similar condition including this condition being imposed on the subsequent purchaser. All rights reserved.  No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior permission of the author

CHAPTER ONE

In the morning I woke to my room, everything was full of the colours of a glorious dawn. With luminous sunlight softly sailing through my bedroom windows, I stood and dressed myself in jeans with a little red and white striped T-shirt.  It was as if the light of the sun and the light of my soul had awoken at the same time. Today was the first day of my adventure. I took my bicycle and went off cycling through a maze of sun glistened alleyways. I was never to return. I had died in my bedroom, the family I left behind thought my bicycle had been stolen. They believed in death and I believed in everlasting life, we were due to part company and I had left early enough not to be spotted.

Cycling through the twist and turns of white pathways down a maze of alleyways with white walls reflecting the sunlight and bright green grass it became a beautiful day and with the crystalised pathway beneath my wheel and glistening white sunlight pathways beckoning me to cycle on, madly adventuring I cycled determined to lose my past, to break onto new, exciting territory. With a surge of excitement I felt my sense of adventure rising as if many happy hours had been spent in anticipation of the undiscovered journey into the future.

I was fifteen and a boy when I left in the morning and as I cycled on this pathway of new life I felt a rising sense of a new choice and a new life. I became a thirteen year old girl with a strongly protective core self of being a tomboy as if my past life was supporting my new one.  

I suddenly knew. I knew where I was going. I knew myself to be the daughter of an important man. I knew I had to meet a man who was his friend. A signpost indicated the way to a boat yard.  I followed it, instinctively knowing the way reaching an old, large wooden boat which was moored inside a large barn on the pathway. With the speed of youth both feet hit the floor at the same time on the same side as I jumped off my bicycle. I was getting younger as I walked to the barn to meet a very special man, a man some said was a villain, some said they were too afraid of to speak to or of. I believed him to be my father’s friend and a fair if sometimes harsh man to some.

 With my head slightly bowed I walk in with quiet contemplation because I knew I had to show respect. Despite rumours to the contrary I did respect other men apart from my father. I knew I was to grow up treating every person as a special individual rather than stereotypical types.  I walk up to an old iron wheel, for not only was I invited and expected, I had been summoned. I dare not raise my head to look for I knew instinctively that to enrage this man would be to my detriment.  I had no knowledge that I had died and was purely adventuring on life’s pathways so I stood quietly with my chin resting on my chest.  He stood behind me as I faced the iron wheel, as a ship’s captain instructing a cabin boy on his path to naval officer.