Issues with Romance

KIDmimi's perspective:

Romances? Ugh I don't even know where to start! I used to love romances, in fact that's all I used to read but when I came on Wattpad it all changed. There are too many similar writers who all do the same stupid thing. It's so hard to find a good romance on Wattpad because most of them are just shocking. They all seem to follow the lines of 1) intercreature (I'm pretty sure that's not a word) relationships. And they all seem to be vampires and werewolves, vamps and humans or werewolves and people. It's all so stupid and repetitive. This also goes for you "student/ teacher" relationships. I must admit that they aren't that bad but there are way too many of them. I tried to write a romance but my utter disgust in them caused me to put it on hold while I concentrate on more realistic genres. Speaking of realistic, romance stories (on here anyway) are so unrealistic! Everything about them is just so fake and cliched! I feel like screaming " Things like this don't happen. STFU and stop getting my hopes up." Jocks and nerds don't get together nor do two people who hate each other. If they hated each other so much, how can they fall in love? It can't have been real hate. It's like saying that I'm going to fall in love with Kieren Dungworth *shudders at the thought*. Over my dead body! This also goes out to you BoyxBoy writers. I can safely say that there are about 5 unique boyxboy stories out there and that is just sad. I might sound like a moody cow but tough. It's my opinion and I have freedom of speech .

xxWhoAteMyCookiexx's perspective:

OK, I thought long and hard about this one....*giggles @ long and hard*

O.O

Well, my only real problem with romances on wattpad is that there are too many repetitive themes. Like bad-boy/good girl, girl with way too many guys liking her...blah blah blah Too many teen stories...for once I'd like the popular stories to be more...mature with older adults.

Like I want to see romances dealing with people from the past like historical romances. Like with dukes and earls...etc Im gonna try writing a story like that -.- Even a wild west romance would be cool! and no not Will Smith Wild West. Im talking about a romance story set in the wild west or something...

So basically...Im tired of cliche teen stories dominating wattpad

HerUsername's perspective:

You know what really grinds my gears? Romantic issues that last too long, ESPECIALLY if the girl is a bitch. Like she's nice, then she's not, then she's cold as ice, then she suddenly becomes nice, and repeat and repeat and repeat.... Like come one? It's one thing to make them take a few steps forward and then back, but to do the make-up-and-break-up routine multiple times? I get annoyed. And then there's the weak one. Where there is too much fighting and the person breaks down Every. Single. Time. It makes the character look so naive and stupid. Relationship issues are one thing but don't push it to a predictable point where everyone knows what's going to happen next. Seriously.

Mizbookreader’s perspective:

Ok so I don’t want to sound like a bitch but come on what with all the romance stories where the girl plays hard to get I mean I get it you don’t want the character to seem like a hoe if she gets with the guy too soon but when she obviously like the dude and she keep playing hard to get its not cool it just make her look like a prude who thinks she’s better than him. And I really hate when the girl just automatically assume the guy is a player and then comes to find out he’s not it just look bad on her part like yea you judgmental hoe bag what now p.s. sorry for the language

PinkPandaBear's perspective:

I really like romance, just I think last year most of the Romance stories were more creative and unique. Because now-a-days it’s sort of the same thing over and over again , like for example the pretty girl turns into a really hot chick and then popular guy wants her and she like doesn’t give in and then later on she falls for him etc. Like Those are getting really boring.