Chapter 22

I step out of the shower and dry myself off. It is almost 6:30 a.m and I have to be at the high school in an hour. I want to get there early and get settled in. Weddington High called and asked if I could fill in for their Psychology teacher, Mrs. Avery who was going out on maternity leave. I look in the mirror as I button up my white blouse before tucking it into my navy blue pencil skirt. I turn around and look at Logan who is still sleeping.

It is the beginning of March and my birthday is in two weeks, I can't believe I will be 24 years old. Kasey will be coming to town with Erin and Henry and staying for a week. Logan says she has something planned and I am so excited. After the dinner cruise she took me on for Valentine's Day, I can't wait to see what she has planned for my birthday.

I straighten my blouse before slipping on my navy blue blazer. I walk over to closet and pull out some simple heels that match. I take one last glance in the mirror, moving a strand of hair back in place before walking over to the bed. I lean over and plant a soft kiss on Logan's  lips.

"Wake up baby, it's time for you to get up." Logan groans and rolls over, sitting up on the side of the bed.

"Good morning baby, you look good for your first day. You nervous?" She stands and leans to kiss me on my cheek. She knows better than to kiss me on the mouth first thing in the morning! I don't play that!

"Yeah, you know I am. New city, new school with new people. I'm freaking out just a little bit." Logan hugs me.

"You will do just fine, you were born to teach it's what you love." I smile, she is right. I will be fine.

"Thanks baby, I am going to go fix some coffee and then I am going to leave. Don't forget to drop Addison off with Camren before you go to class." Logan nods as she checks on Addison while stripping to head to the shower. "Tell her I said thank you and  don't forget you have to pick her up this afternoon, I have softball tryouts today." I grab my duffel bag from bedside the door.

"Alright, I got it baby. Have a good first day, see you this evening." I walk over to Addison's bassinet and give her a kiss on the forehead. Camren has decided to finish her senior year online. She feels it will be easier and they won't have to pay for child care for Julianna. She offered to watch Addy for us while we are at work. We do pay her and it just helps the both of us out.

"Bye baby girl, be good for Auntie Cam today." I kiss her again and head to the kitchen to fix my coffee to go. I look over at the clock to see that it is now 7:15 and school starts at 8:00. I rush out the door yelling goodbye. I hop in the car and start the 15 minute drive to school. I hear my phone going off in my purse as I park in the employee parking lot. I climb out of the car and check my message from Kasey.

Kasey: Hey bestie. I just wanted to wish you a great first day at the new school. You got this! Call me when you get off, I want to hear how things went.

I quickly text Kasey back so that I can find my classroom and get situated.

Me: Thanks babe, I will call you after softball practice, love you.

I rush inside to find the office, when I finally get there after some directions from a few students I approach who I assume to be the secretary.

"Hi, I am Miss Shannon Peters, I am here to take over for Mrs. Avery." The secretary immediately looks up at me and smiles.

"Oh yes, hi and welcome to Weddington High. I am Mrs. Linda Brown the secretary. You will be in classroom 208 on the second floor, wing B. Principal Grace left these papers for you. Let me know if you need anything."

I walk out of the office flipping through the stack of papers that seem to be instructions for my class on where they are, lesson plans etc. and then information about the softball team.