Chapter Four

IT WAS four in the midnight when she was talking in her sleep again.

“Hey, Jenna Rose…”

“Danson… I am going to tell you a story. I really don’t care about you at all, when I am watching Hana Kimi. Because back then I was really crazy about Sam. Uh-huh… I am crazy about Sam… Sam my family friend, Sam that you met just now… I can’t say that I am in-love with him because he doesn’t care for me that time. But when I grow up he wants me to become his girl. He declared that he was in-love with me and waiting for me to grow up. But I did not saw it to him. Maybe it was just fondness and infatuation. But when I saw you laughing when your opponent on dorm one I am so fascinated. My jaw dropped when I realized that you were drop dead gorgeous. Hahaha… I still remember that day and thanks top my friend that told me your name. Cute… I like you. I am in love with you. Can I court you?”

“No.”

He was surprised when he saw a water glisten beside her eyes.

LUMABI siya. Wala na basted na siya, panaginip lang iyon ha. At umiyak, siguro may girlfriend na ito. Bigla siyang nagising at napabangon. Pero biglang sumakit ang ulo niya. Nauntog siya.

“Aray!” sabi niya sa gitna ng hikbi.

“Ouch!”

“Duibuqi.”

“Sorry.”

Ano iyon? Bakit nasa gilid ito ng kama niya? Bakit parang totoo ang panaginip niya?

“D-did I blabber something?” di magkandautal-utal na tanong niya.

“Meiyou.”

“W-why are you beside my bed?” tanong niya habang pinupunasan ang luha.

“Waking you up.”

“Weishenme?”

“Let’s watch the sunrise.”

“Ahhh…. Hao a.”

“Why are you crying?”

“Meiyou, I dreamed of something bad… At ikaw yon.”

“Huh?”

“Meiyou, don’t mind me.”

GOOD thing he has thought of something to reason out. Whew! That was close. A very one.

“Do you think we can watch it here?”

“I think so.”

“ANG romantiko din pala kapag nanonood ng sunrise… Parang sunset.”

“Huh?”

“Meiyou. I said later I will bring you to my apartment and we will cook and bake.”

“What are your favorite places here that is out of Manila? Or I mean out of town?”

“Uhmmm… Many. Like Tagaytay, Baguio, Laguna, Fantasy World, Enchanted Kingdom.”

“What’s Fantasy World and Enchanted Kingdom?”

”They are theme parks. But Fantasy World is different it was a castle. You were like a princess that your prince brings you to a true castle.”

“Don’t worry next time I will bring you there.”

“Huh?”

“I will bring you there.”

“Weishenme?”

“Secret.” Lumabi siya.

“No. I don’t like that. I want an answer.”

“Sweet young lady, some questions should be left unanswered.”