Here Comes Goodbye - Chapter One

The title Here Comes Goodbye is taken from Rascal Flatts song with the same title. The song title gave me an idea with a story and this came out. ;-D

Here Comes Goodbye

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

Chapter One

Summer of 2011

It has been three weeks, two days, eighteen hours, seven minutes and four seconds since I had last spoken to my boyfriend of three years...

        Holden.

        I missed his unruly, dark brown hair...

        His smoldering sapphire blue eyes that I couldn't get tired of staring...

        His chiseled, define facial features that oozed sexiness...

        And those lips of his... those cupid's bow-shaped, cherry-red lips that I loved to kiss endlessly.

        I missed him so much that it hurt.

        He was supposed to be back home, here in Los Angeles, California, from college for summer break, but for some reason, he wasn't back like we had planned so many months ago.

        No text.

        No phone call.

        No email.

        Zilch.

        Nada.

        Our last phone conversation was about him going to a party with his best friend since high school, who happens to be going to the same college as him, which was NYU.

        As I sit here in my bedroom,  looking outside my window as life trudged on, I must admit, this had me fiercely worried. I didn't want to think something bad had happened to him, but what I practically don't understand is why he deactivated his facebook account; his email is unreachable, and when I tried calling him, it went straight to voice-mail. All the fucking time.

        Oddly, even his best friend's phone is unreachable.

        I never knew his dorm phone, unfortunately. He told me that why bother when we got cellphones as our means of communication? It is much easier and we can get in touch anywhere, anytime of the day.

        He had a point and I didn't argue that logic.

        There were times I wanted to take a first flight out to New York and march towards his dorm room and screech his head off why he was incognito, but I restrained myself in going over there.

        Once I even attempted in calling NYU, but it was just too much. Believe me, I was itching to call the school and ask for Holden's dorm phone number, but I couldn't. I didn't want to be a clingy, paranoid girlfriend, because I am not. I had trusted my boyfriend not to do anything stupid while he was away and I whole-heartily believed him.

        And I did, when our love blossomed like a flower in Spring three years ago. Back then, I was a junior and he was a senior. As I look back, our story wasn't a cliched Jock meets Ordinary Girl. We were both normal students trying to blend in, just like everyone else.