Chapter 2:The strange visitor

“So, has anything weird happened to you?” asked Seth. Clara thought for a moment, “I had that dream again....”. A few moments of awkward silence went by between them. “How long have you had that dream exactly?” asked Seth. “I've been having that dream since I was four, I think. It's always the same dream over and over again,” Clara said. “I'm inside of a burning forest, there's lots of strange faerie-like creatures running about. I was carried by one of them but I can't remember who it is. Then that faerie got shot in the back, and the last thing they said to me was 'Keep running and never look back! Hide yourself from them and don't let them find you!' I'm running with all my might, it's snowing hard and I'm freezing but I reach the outside of the forest, into my own backyard and I collapse while blacking out.” Clara finished with a breath of relief. A few more silent moments passed by, then Seth stopped walking. Clara looked up at him to find him looking back at her. Even if he didn't show any emotion on his face, Clara could see the emotion in his eyes. They were showing concern and curiosity at the same time. “What if...” Seth started up, “What if that dream means something?! What if it's real?!”Seth said all of a sudden. Clara was taken aback with this question,but found it somewhat amusing. Seth was a Goth so she knew that he believed in stuff like superstitions ,re-incarnations and most definitely,of all other thing he could have believed in but picked this one instead, was fairy tales,folklore's, legends and myths. Clara herself believed in folklore and legends but she felt different about fairy tales and myths. She held on to the question a little longer before she gave the answer directly, “I'm not sure, but maybe. If it did mean something,than strange things should've been happening to me.” she answered. “Your probably right,but what if it really was real?” added Seth.

Clara was about to answer him when her eye caught something in the snow. It's probably a dog or something.But still, my curiosity is getting bigger now, she thought. “Clara,Clara what are you staring at?!” demanded Seth. “I just saw something over there”. She pointed at a small snow-covered bush, “Let's get a closer look!” Clara said quickly while grabbing Seth's arm and pulling him towards the bush. As they got closer and closer, she looked over the bush and saw nothing. Out of nowhere , something popped out from the bush and flew up into the air. It almost looked like a Luna moth, but Clara looked more closely and to her shock,this moth was definitely no moth. It had really pale skin, with arms,legs,hands and fingers. It had the face of a really young girl, it's body like that of a tiny fairy. Seth's eyes were getting wider the more he stared at it,the creature stared back at them, as if studying them but kept her stare on Clara a little longer, then it flew off towards the forest that stood at the edge of their block.