Chapter One

It's not hard to live in a world such as Equestria without using your tongue. Most communication happens with our bodies, as of most creatures on this little blue planet. The clatter of our hooves and twisting of our hips to the beat means way more than a mash of letters ever could. Sure, there are some downsides to a lack of a voice, but those are easily made up for with all the sounds and great things that could have been missed if I was running my motor.

   I also have music. My special talent. I do make music, but it's more so sharing what other ponies have already made. I enjoy that thought. That I help all these singers popularity with my own hooves and horn, though it most likely isn't as true as I would believe.

Compared to the majority, my cutie mark may be a little plain, but that's completely fine with me. I'd rather ponies appreciate my work and what I create for all their cute little ears to savor than, well, my flank. The simple eighth notes are my trade mark, plastered on my body forever.

    I never learned the purpose of words spoken by mouth. So far I had never needed them. Our tongues are a flaw in our evolution. Our throats have forced out so many hateful things, it's unfair to the existence of humanity. I get around freely without murmuring a single hello, I can shop in peace, and if I need help, my friends are on my side. It's a safer lifestyle.

    I don't need any bit of the English language. Every event I take a job at I can easily work without trouble, especially with blabbers like Pinky Pie on my side. She can talk and giggle nonstop with a simple notion of my smile. I like Pinky Pie. Just last month we threw a party together, and it went beautifully, if I do say so myself!

    It was some lovely Pegasus's sweet sixteen. The bash was thrown at Ponyville's town hall, as many larger parties are around here. It's a nice small town, but lacks cooler places to have fun. A bowling alley or skating rink would be a nice addition. But I love it regardless. I needed some more quiet from my old home in Canterlot.

    Anyways, the party was anything a mare her age could want. Fancy treats from Sugar Cube Corner, unique decorations made by Pinky herself, and an amazing DJ. The blonde pegasus was having the time of her life. Sparkles in her eyes were dancing almost as much as she was. It also had appeared she brought a special gentlecolt for her parents to meet. Fillies will be fillies.

My work process is very simple. The mares would just shout their requests at me, and sure enough, they would play. The soundtracks were everlasting, a part of my spinning vinyls. It's a peaceful sight, even if the sound was anything but that, especially with what the youngsters listen to today. Celestia, I feel old!

Unfortunately, later on, Pinky began to party to hard. I do take part of the fault. I did put on her jam...and I love when I can make a ponies hooves move, her moves are some of the best. But her and her bouncy bubble gum curls danced a little to close to my set up. One kick of her foot went right through my amp.

Every pony froze a moment, no one breathed. All eyes landed on me, trying to learn my motives, Pinky doing the same. Only her sapphire eyes, different from the sea around her, pricked with tears. I wasn't the smallest bit upset.  I simply unplugged the broken amp and motioned them all to keep partying. Next I went to see Pinky, make sure the lovely mare was alright.

"I'm so so sooo sorry! I didn't see where I was going." The pony said, getting back on her feet and wiping away a loose tear with the back of her hoof.

    I can't stand seeing any pony cry. Especially if I know I can do nothing to fix them and I must just wait it out. It hurts sometimes. It's like having your hooves tied behind your back while you slowly watch the victim die inside until there numb empty masses and must build themselves again. Luckily, Pinky wasn't dying, and not injured in the slightest.