fifteen

jack's pov

"why do you keep doing this?" i whispered into my phone, as siena was fast asleep beside me.

i pulled my hand down my face in frustration, "...yes, i know but you can't just tell them everything, i'd be sent down for—....hello?".

"who-who are you talking to?" siena suddenly spoke, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and i quickly settled my phone down.

"oh, just a friend. it's nothing" i assured then soothed down her hair. "sleep well?".

"yes, really well" she chuckled and i smiled, as she sat up a little to scan her eyes around the room. "what time is it?".

"10am".

siena's eyes widened at my answer, "already?".

she got out of the bed and picked up her phone that was sitting on the floor with her dress. i watched her click the home button and saw the lock screen filled with a bunch of notifications.

"shit" she quietly cursed.

"what's wrong?" i wondered, but she hastily got out of the bed and started re-dressing. "siena?".

"my parents - they've been trying to reach me all morning, my phone must have been on silent and they want me home now".

"i thought that they let you stay over at tiana's house?" i inquired.

"yeah, but tiana just messaged me saying that my mom called her mom".

i got out of bed too and pulled on the nearest shirt, "okay, i'll take you".

she collected her things and threw on one of my jumpers, so that her parents wouldn't also be mad at the way she was dressed last night.

i tried my best to catch up with her as she hurried downstairs, but we paused in the hallway when my dad stood in the doorway of the kitchen. he had a coffee mug in one hand and a newspaper in the other.

"oh, uh, hello, mr gilinsky. nice to see you again" siena awkwardly spoke.

he furrowed his brows in confusion, "you too, siena. does your father know you're here?".

"...no, and i'd be really grateful if you didn't tell him" she held my hands together and begged.

he sipped his coffee then cleared his throat, "jack, can i speak to you for a second?".

i huffed and handed siena my keys, "here, wait in my car. i'll be two minutes".

my dad waited until siena had shut the front door behind her before speaking.

"jack, what do you think you're doing?" he questioned, settling his coffee down.

i narrowed my eyes, "what do you mean?".

"sleeping with mr edwards' daughter wasn't part of your deal to work with him" he loudly whispered, pulling me further into the kitchen by my arm.

"it's not like that," i yanked out of his hold. "i actually like her".

"i don't care, that's going to be the last time that she stays the night here" he ordered as if he had the final word, but i was nowhere near finished.