1

Alright, guys and gals, here's that post I promised. Sorry it wasn't up yesterday, but it was my birthday and I was busy playing Assassins Creed Black Flag, watching Doctor Who, and trick-or-treating(the town I live in is weird and we trick-or-treat on the 30th. there's a parade on the 31st) Sorry if this is a bit badly written, but it's only been edited once...or twice. I don't remember which. Anyway, enjoy. ~Twix

p.s. As you can see, there's no title. If you could help me out with title suggestions after you read the first chapter, that'd be great. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yellow lights brightened at a snails pace, glowing dimly to cue the audience’s departure. The slight change startled my brain awake and began me on the journey back to myself as the credits scrolled up the screen accompanied by some feel good music. My short lived life as a female adventurer with her life in peril faded into the real world where I was only me, Rain Marshall, on a date with her boyfriend, Dean, at the movies. For a moment, I felt saddened to have to leave the exhilaration of that exciting life, but I shook it off and turned to the handsome blonde whose fingers were braided with my own. He grinned at me, just completing his own transition into reality.

“Did you like the movie?” Dean asked.

I smiled back at him and nodded. “Yeah. It was great if you don’t mind unrealistic survivals and horribly cheesy romantic lines.”

He rolled his eyes at me. We’d been dating for two years and he knew when I was joking.

I’d like to say that they didn’t, but cheesy, unrealistic romances secretly did make my heart beat just a bit faster. I suppose it was because I had one of those cliche love stories with Dean. The stupid lines, the romantic kisses, the perfect silences. I had, in my own opinion, the ideal teen novel romance, and all in my junior and senior year of high school. I thought any young adult writer would love to get their hands around the story of Dean and I. We’d even met in that usual corny romance novel way. He was the new boy in school, I was the small town girl; he was the jock, I was the average girl. His eyes met mine across the cafeteria during lunch on his first day in school. Love at first sight, I guess you could say. Although, it was a bit more complicated than that, but wouldn’t want to bore anyone with those mundane details, so I’ll skip to our first kiss, which had been during a warm summer’s rainstorm. Some said even our appearances seemed to complement each other. He had dirty-blonde hair and I had dark brown hair; he was the perfect height for me to fit comfortably under his arm. Despite a few dents in our fenders, everything about us was pretty much flawless.

I sat up straighter, stretched, untwisted my legs from their criss cross position, and took a deep breath, ready to head back out into my own life and not one written for me. Besides, I already had one that was practically made up in the mind of a hopeless romantic, if you were to edit just a few boring, everyday things out.

Feeling a tug on my hand, I stood to follow Dean’s lead to the exit. My feet protested from my sitting on them too long, and pins and needles struck rapidly.

“Ugh,” I fell back into the chair that hadn’t yet swung back into its upright position. “Can we sit through the credits?”

“Legs numb, Rain?”

“Just my feet.”

Dean sat down next to me again. “How about a foot massage?” He offered.

I smiled again. Dean was the best boyfriend I’d ever had. None of my previous boyfriends had been great choices, and I had begun to question my taste in guys before I met him.