Part 5-that's right! I still live!

You're probably pretty shocked about that one huh? 

I had actually forgotten about this story but recently I started recieving a bunch of "please update" comments so for all you guys...well here you go. :)  I'm going to try to finish this story and put it up here for you guys.  It's not going to be my most complicated plot in the world but it's goal is to be funny and light and hopefully have a few dashes of coolness.

Vote, Fan, Comment, and all that jazz.

~ImagineThat

Part 5

I watched her from the shadows of the forest that circled Emory High.  She ignored the STAY OFF THE GRASS sign, dropping to the ground in front of it instead.  She drew her knees up and closed her eyes.

Why I was watching her I couldn’t say.  But I couldn’t bring myself to walk away either.

Something about her intrigued me.  She was different somehow, she wasn’t human, but she didn’t feel like a vampire either.  But if she wasn’t a vampire or Hunter why had she waited outside the human’s house tensed and eating Snickers bars?

I couldn’t figure out what she thought she was doing, because acting like a normal human certainly wasn’t it.  I sifted through the minds around me, of the three boys hiding in the bushes across from her, eyeing her up and down.  Her body making them rethink their plan of staying hidden.  I didn’t realize I had lengthened my fangs in a protective snarl until the familiar ache in my jaw alerted me.  I checked myself, ignoring my urge to confront the boys.

Suddenly her eyes snapped open, I reflexively shrunk back farther into the shadows but she wasn’t looking towards me.  She glared at the hedge menacingly before sighing and sitting up.  She ran her hand over her face and shed her black hooded sweater.

Careful not to look at her in a way that would insult her honor I let myself take her in, to study her as she sat in the grass.

She was beautiful.  The realization shocked me slightly.  I hadn’t noticed it in the dark, I had been too transfixed by her odd behavior.  She had long hair that easily swept to her waist and curled loosely, giving her the appearance of a

young girl, but the look on her face completely contradicted it, she looked wary of the world, and wary of the people in it.  It was an expression that made me wonder what her life had been.  It shocked me to see that look on someone so young.  A look of such pain, of regret.  But what could she have to lament?  She couldn’t be more than seventeen years old.

I shook my head and studied the sprinkling of freckles across her nose and felt a slight smile tug at my lips, something about her was different indeed.

It was as I was pondering this that the boys in the hedge suddenly shouted and ran from their hiding spot.  The girl glared at them and rolled her eyes, flopping back down on the grass.

I was so focused on her that I missed what they said but by the look on the principles face I knew it wasn’t something good.

He strolled over to the girl, his face red and his pulse racing wildly beneath his skin.

The girl cracked open one eye and looked at him before closing it again and resting her hands behind her head.  No human would have been able to see the almost invisible tensing of her shoulders.

I frowned and had to stop myself from prodding the man’s mind, there was no reason for me to be concerned with the girl, it wasn’t right for me to interfere.

I turned, almost convincing myself to leave when the principle began to speak.  I couldn’t stop myself from stopping to listen.

“Miss Follows, are you unacquainted with the ability of reading?”  He fumed.

“Actually I can read, thank you so much for caring about my education though Mr. Sims.”  She answered non-chalantly, keeping her eyes closed.

If possible the principle got even redder, although the rush of blood in him didn’t entice my fangs to extend.

“Then kindly remove yourself from the grass, Miss Follows.”

“I’m good, thanks.”

“Miss Follows get off the grass right now.”

Her eyes opened and in one movement she was on her feet and I was struck with how incredibly thin she was.  I stared at her exposed ribs I could see through her cotton shirt before snapping my eyes back to her face where they should be.  Her eyes flashed and I could see their color for the first time.  They were a deep hazel, the greens and golds seemed to smolder beneath her angry gaze.

“Or what Mr. Sims? What are you going to do?  Expel me for sitting on the grass?  Yeah, I’d love to see how that goes over.”

I raised my eyebrows as the principle tried to resist the urge to back away from her.

“Not just for sitting on the grass Miss Follows, but for vandalizing property of the school.”  He sniffed.

“For vandalizing-”

Her gaze snapped to the three boys hiding once again in the hedge and I had a moment to wonder how she could see them with her human eyes.

Suddenly she stopped, her indignant words died and she turned so that her back

was facing me.  She went completely still and the principle met her eyes angrily.  But the look slowly faded, finally he nodded, “Yes, I see what happened.  I will take care of Sean, Mark, and Heath this afternoon.”

And just like that he walked away.

The girl turned and sighed her shoulders slightly slumped as she grabbed her sweater and backpack off the ground.    She hopped the gate instead of going through it and pulled a bobby pin from her pocket.  I watched her as she crossed the parking lot and crossed out of my sight.  I wanted to follow her but I couldn’t justify it.  I couldn’t ruin her normal life, even if she was the first person I had felt drawn to in six hundred years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's right.  It really was a certain Prince.  I fooled around with the option of doing this chapter from Rory's or the Prince's POV but I already had this one written and liked seeing his view of her so I posted this one.

Hope you guys like it! :)