Integrity!

• Dedicated to My Teacher, Mrs. Hagen

I had to write this in a scholarship application about "What Integrity Means To Me" so i decided, 'Why not put it on here!'...So I did! :)

___________________________________________________

                                         Integrity

I think integrity means doing the right thing and making the right choices, without being watched, or being told to.  I think it means staying strong to your personal morals and being the “good” person you know you can be.  Throughout elementary school and middle school, and most likely throughout high school, we are being taught to go by the “Six Pillars of Character,” the characteristics a “good” person is supposed to have.  They are expected to be trustworthy, respectful, responsible, fair, caring, and a good citizen.  I believe, that yes, a “good” person, one with integrity, should have all those qualities. I think that those six qualities can pretty much sum up all the positive characteristics a person can have.

In my personal life, I’m sure I can say that, as my teacher, Mrs. Hagen said, “The only time in your life when you are perfect is when you’re born, it has nothing to do with any medical conditions, but that moment is the only time you will ever be ‘perfect’.”  No one has never told a lie, or never not done something that they knew they shouldn’t have, but if you know that it was wrong and know that you want to fix it or make it up, then I think that that is what makes a “good” person.  If you know you did something bad, but you want to make it right, then I think that is when you gain integrity.

Having integrity will help in my future, because if I have integrity then others will know that they can count on me to be responsible, trustworthy, respectful, caring, and fair.  If I am known as a person that comes in to get the job done and to make a difference, I will get farther in life than if I am just a person who shows up.  That is something my Auntie Joy said to me, and I fully agree with that statement.

That is what integrity means to me.

_____________________________________

Yay! Integrity! hahaha! :)