Mythological Figures

Q'wati is the benevolent culture hero of Quileute legends. Q’wati is usually credited with creating the Quileute tribe and their neighbours, teaching them right behaviour and cultural skills, and protecting them by changing the environment and getting rid of monsters. 

Raven is the trickster figure of Quileute legends. Raven is a clever and generally benign figure who sometimes helps humankind, but he also has many character traits that are viewed negatively in Quileute culture (greed, laziness, arrogance, deceitfulness, and rudeness) and many Quileute legends have to do with raven misbehaving and getting into trouble because of it. 

The Thunderbird is an important figure throughout Northwest Coast mythology. The Thunderbird is described by the Quileutes as a bird large enough to carry a whale in its claws, whose beating wings make thunder.

Dask'iya is a cannibal ogress in Quileute stories, sometimes known as a "basket ogress" or "basket woman." She is said to capture children in her basket and carry them home to eat them. Legends about Dask'iya are told to frighten Quileute children and warn them away from bad behaviour.

Emerald is a heroine, she wasn't a wolf she was stronger than a wolf, she had speed. Saved a lot of people by using her healing powers.

Comment, Vote, Like and Share

Thanks for reading guys... I will try to post daily

Please Comment. ~ I would love to hear your taughts ~

Copyright © 2011

Juan M.H. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy Terms & Conditions.

Night_crawler