Chapter 1

"Mom, please? I think I'm mature enough to go off to college with my boyfriend!"

"Sweets, I know, but are you mature enough to live with him?"

"Mom, please stop treating me like I'm five again. You never treated Haley like this when..." My eyes began to tear up and the words got caught in my throat. Haley and Winter were a light topic for my family. We were all supposed to be triplets, except Winter died at birth and Haley died when she was twelve from leukemia. I'm not trying to be an attention-seeker here, but ever since Haley passed my life has been different. She was always the center of attention because of her constant rushing in and out of the hospital and I never really got to spend time with my parents, Melanie and Owen Rock. Yes, the famous Owen Rock, formerly known as Darcy Rock from that old boy band Fourth Committee. My dad was trying to keep it private for a while but the paparazzi finally caught up to him and now I'm trying to lead a normal life. "...anyways mom please let me go. Don't you want me to get a good education? It's not like we can't afford it or anything, because we can. I mean we're rich!" I gave my mother the puppy dog eyes and she thought of an answer.

"Fine," Mother succumbed. "but if you get pregnant I'm calling the whole thing off, and you can pay for it yourself." She smiled.

"Thank you so much mom! I love you so, so much!" I squealed hugging her.

Ben's van was parked in front of the house, waiting for me so we could head off to find our dorm. My mom wouldn't pay for us to live in a house so she's making us stay in a dormitory.

Ben walked up to me and grabbed one of my suitcases. "Oh my god, I'm so excited! We're going to have to much fun at college!" I squealed.

Ben just smiled and took my bags and put them in his van. As I was getting into his van my mother rushed out.

"Awe, my little baby's leaving. I'm gonna miss you!"

"Awe, mom, don't cry! I'll call you everyday I promise. I love you!" I said wrapping my arms around her.

When we unwrapped our arms from each other my dad walked out. I opened my arms for a hug, but he walked up to Ben.

"You listen here Benjamin Hynes, better not hurt my daughter because if you do, then I'll hurt you." At this point my father was towering over Ben.

"Yes sir." Ben stuttered.

I smacked my dad's arm. "Dad! Stop scaring the boy!"

"I'm sorry sweetie...just wanna keep you safe."

I laughed and hugged him. "Bye dad. I love you."

"Bye, Mr. and Mrs. Rock." Ben said.

"Bye mom! Bye dad!" I waved as Ben took ahold of my other hand.

We got in the car and Ben turned the key. "Ready, beautiful?"

"Always." I said leaning over to kiss him.

--

After 3 hours of driving we were in the midst of campus. "Oh my god, look this place is huge!"

Ben just laughed. "So what does that paper say? What dormitory are we in?"

"Uh... Henry Hall!"

"Okay, I think that's it over there." Ben said, pointing to a large building.

"Yay! Finally I get to study in the Fine Arts with the country's best professors and live with the country's best boyfriend." Ben just smiled.

We pulled up to the dorm, and saw a table set up outside. A woman - probably in her mid-40's or early 50's - was sitting at the table. We walked up to the table to see what it was.

"Um, what is all this?" I asked the woman.

The woman just put on her best 'smile' and began an overly rehearsed speech. "Welcome! Here you can major in the Fine Arts, Communications, Business, and Physical Education! Right now, you are at Henry Hall! At this table here, just find your name on the list and check it off. Your dorm room number can be found across from your name, as well as your roommates. Also, if you want to sign up for any campus events and activities, you can do that here."

Ben and I checked off our names from the list and went inside to find our room.

"Oh my god this place is huge!" I exclaimed, examining each door for my room number. We walked up to the third floor and found out rooms. "Oh my gosh! And our rooms are across from each other! I guess it's organized by major."

"I guess. So I'm gonna head to my room. Want to grab some food later?"

"Sure, see you!"

As I was approaching my room, I heard shouting. I slowly opened the door and heard it more clearly.

"Christy, your decorations are shit."

"Jamie! Yours aren't very nice either!" The blonde girl pouted.

"Um, hi..." I interrupted their argument.

"And who are you?" The black haired girl asked, who I guess was Jamie.

"Um, I'm Lyla Rock..."

"Oh my god! Are you, like, related to Darcy Rock?" The blonde girl, who I assumed was Christy, said.

"Of course not you retard." Jamie shot back.

"Actually, he's my dad, and most people call him Owen now."

"Oh my god, are you serious?!" Christy shouted.

"Liar." Jamie muttered.

I took our my phone and showed them a picture of me and my parents.

Jamie's eyes grew wider. "Oh..my..god. Your dad is like my music legend! You have to get me an autograph."

"Uh..."

"Jamie, stop being so pushy!" Christy said. "So what are you majoring in, Lyla?"

"Fine Arts. I really want to do something in photography or movie direction."

"Cool! Jamie and I are majoring in Fine Arts, too! I wanna be a singer, and Jamie plans on getting a job as a painter."

"I also play guitar..." Jamie said.

We spent the next hour talking about our lives, and my famous parents. Apparently, Jamie has a mother and a step-father, because her real father is in prison for abusing her family. She also had an older brother who died in war. Christy's life isn't so grim...she lived with both of her parents and her brother and sister - who are apparently twins.

"Knock knock!" Someone said from behind the door.

"Oh my god, that sounds like a cute guy!" Christy shouted. "I'll get it!" She raced over the door and opened it up to Ben. "Oh my god." She said

"Is Lyla in here?" Ben asked.

"Uh, yea. Over here." Christy said. "Oh my gosh, Lyla, you know a hot guy?"

"Actually, Ben is my boyfriend."

"Woah, woah, woah! You have a boyfriend? A super hot boyfriend?

"Haha, yeah, I guess!"

"Excuse me babe, you guess?" Ben questioned.

"Oh my god, Ben, take a joke." I replied smacking his stomach."

+++

Hello hello!

I really hope you like this because I love writing it. <333

Okay, one thing. On the side you'll see a picture of Miley Cyrus---> yea that's Christy. So christy has miley cyrus's short-ish shoulder length hair. So yeah, if you have someone better to be Christy please comment.

Love you guys!