Chapter two

I wake up in my bed. It's Tuesday. I groan not wanting to get up. I look at the time. 5:36.
'Might as well...' I lazily climb out of bed and walk to the shower. I quickly shower, dry my hair and change into a pastel blue top and black jeans. I leave my hair down but brush it. I then walk downstairs. Natsu and Wendy are arguing over what they want for breakfast again. I don't listen to them and just make some toast.

We are walking to school when I trip over.
"Careful!" Natsu says. "You don't want to get hurt."
"I can take care of myself, mr ego booster." I say.
"Oh really?" He says and before I can react, he's lifted me up and thrown me over his shoulder.
"NATSU DRAGNEEL PUT ME DOWN!" I say.
"Fine." He says. We walked into the school gates and go our separate ways.

I sit at lunch with Levy and Erza. Natsu is sitting with the cheer squad and his team. His arm is around lisanna's waist. I look away a little sad.
"What's wrong Lu?" Levy asks.
"It's nothing..." I say. But really something was wrong. I had a strange feeling in my stomach.
'I can't be falling for him...can I?' I started thinking about this morning when Natsu put me over his shoulder and started blushing.
"Eeeh!" Erza squealed. "Our Lucy's in love!" I blush like mad.
"N-No I'm not!" I say.
"Yes you are!" Levy says.
"You're supposed to be on my side!" I say.
"EVERYBODY!!!" Erza yells. Everyone looks at her. "LU-" she begins but I cover her mouth with my hand.
"Nothing to see here." I say to everyone then to Erza. "Don't do that again." She nods her head apologetically.

Natsu had basketball practice so I went home alone. I got home and finished my homework. I tried to read but couldn't. I tried to sleep for a bit, but couldn't. I decide to go for a walk in the park. I grab my waistcoat and walk to the park.

I walk into the park and two men, obviously drunk, approached me.
"Hey there beautiful." One says.
"Go away." I say.
"Can't do that." The other says. (Let's call him two.)
"Come on let's have some fun." One says.
"How about I leave and you pass out." I say.
"Ooo a feisty one." Two says.
"I like feisty." One says. One grabs my arm and pulls me closer. I slap his face causing him to let me go and I run for it. I turn the corner and look behind me. Despite being drunk, they were following me and gaining speed. I look forward and run into someone. We fall onto the pavement.
"WHAT THE HELL DU-" he yells, it was Natsu. "L-Luce?"
"AAH THEY'RE COMING!" I yell. Natsu's on his feet. He turns around holding out a fist. One, unable to stop, ran into his fist and was knocked out cold. Two saw his friend fall to the ground and runs away in fear. I'm crying now. Natsu walks over to me and crouches down.
"Luce?" He says.
"T-They w-would have...." I start but don't want to finish. Natsu hugs me.
"Shhhhh, it's ok." He says. "You're safe now." He picks me up and carries me home.

"Are you alright Lucy?" Wendy asks after hearing what happened.
"I'll be fine." I say. I was sitting on the sofa with a blanket around me. Wendy was sitting on the floor in front of me, while Natsu was next to me.
"Do you need anything Luce?" Natsu asks.
"No I'm ok." I say.
"Are you sure, you haven't eaten." Wendy says. It was now 19:46 and I hadn't touched any food.
"I'm sure." I say and smile at her.
"You need to go to bed now Wendy." Natsu says.
"Ok Natsu. Goodnight!" Wendy says and leaves.
"Night!" We say to her.
"Lucy." Natsu says. "What were you doing earlier?"
"I was out walking." I say. He sighs. He knows he can't tell me to stay inside, I'd just go out anyway.
"Just try to stay safe." He says. "You don't know how worried I was." I reach over and hug him.
"I will." I say and slowly fall asleep.

It's Thursday at school. Levy is having a sleepover tomorrow after the game. I look over at Natsu and Lisanna. Natsu kisses her forehead and leaves. Lisanna catches me looking and gives me a death stare.
"Juvia doesn't like Lisanna." Juvia says.
"Whys that?" Levy says.
"Because she thinks she's better than everyone else." Juvia says.
"She does?" Erza says.
"It doesn't matter anyway." Gray says. "He'll soon break her heart."
"Did you guys hear about the new kid?" Gajeel says.
"Which one?" I say.
"Sting Eucliffe or something.." Gajeel says. "Anyway, I heard that he had a thing for Lisanna and she may have a thing for him too."
"Well this got interesting." Jellal says.
"It certainly has..." Erza says. To be honest, I'm curious about how this will play out too. Natsu is usually the one who ends relationships, but if Lisanna does like Sting...well.....
"So you're all coming to the sleepover still?" Levy asks.
"Yep!" We all say.
"And remember Lu, I'm picking you up early to help me set up." Levy says.
"I know." I say. The school bell goes and we all head to class.

It's the game on Friday. I'm sitting at the edge of the bench next to Levy.
"Who'd you think will win?" Levy asks.
"Fairy Tail Academy of course." I say.
"No. Out of the players." She says.
"I don't know, they're all pretty good." I say. But deep down, I knew Natsu would beat them all.

The game finishes with Fairy Tail Academy winning with 52 points and Hargeon Academy with 46 points. There was a massive celebration. The players went and hugged their girlfriends. Gajeel and Levy. Gray and Juvia. Jellal and Erza. And....Natsu and Lisanna. I go and wait by the door frame for Natsu to come. I wait for what seems like forever. After 10 minutes he still doesn't show. I look inside to see they're still celebrating. Figures. They're always this excited when they win. But I do start to feel left out.

"What you doing out here?" A voice says behind me making me jump. I turn around and hit his arm playfully, knowing its Natsu.
"You took your time!" I say. I start to playfully hit him more.
"Ah...Luce....you're...to strong." He says, pretending to be hurt.
"Shut up mr ego booster." I say. We laugh. I look over and see Lisanna glaring at me. What is her problem?
"Let's go." Natsu says. I walk behind him, but he decides to throw me over his shoulder again.
"NATSU DRAGNEEL PUT ME DOWN!" I say.
"Nope." He says. I sigh. I glad he can't see my face because I'm blushing like mad.

I'm getting stuff for the sleepover when Levy comes to get me. I grab my bag and we walk to her house. We're crossing a road when a car starts coming towards us out of control.
"LEVY!" I yell and push off the road. Next thing I know is a sharp pain in my side and blackness taking a hold of me. I just manage to see blood on my clothes.
"LU-" Levy says before I'm completely consumed by blackness....