Chapter 3

Two days later, and the Sherman family was back to their regular schedule. They would all get up and get dressed for their day. Make breakfast and eat in peace, and then Linda would drop Daniel off at school before she and John would head to work.

Daniel arrived at school on Monday and was greeted by his friends and other classmates that all were glad that he was back. When the bell rung, all the kids filed into their respective classes and took their seats.

The teacher went up to the board and began her lesson.

"Now, can anyone tell me what the answer to this question is?" She asked, pointing to a problem she had just written on the board.

"I know!" Daniel yelled as he frantically waved his hand in the air.

She passed over him and continued to call on other people to answer the question.

"Why does she not call on me?" He asked one of his friends that sat next to him.

"I don't know. Maybe she wants to give other kids a chance." His friend replied.

Daniel was about to reply when the teacher cut in.

"Joshua! Who are you talking to?" She asked.

"Daniel." He replied.

"No, you're not." She snapped angrily.

"Yes, I am!" Joshua replied angrily that she would think that.

"Daniel's not here." The teacher said.

"Yes, he is. He's sitting right there." Joshua replied, and the rest of the class agreed.

"Yes, Mrs. Davis! I'm right here." Daniel joined in.

Mrs. Davis muttered something to herself before going back to the lesson.

"Why is she ignoring me?" Daniel questioned Joshua.

"I don't know." He replied.