The Bet - Double Trouble

Outtake! =)

Remember, this is a spoiler for those who haven’t finished The Bet. I suggest you read the book first before you read this.

Complete version of the book cover on the side -~>

Song: Don’t Let Me Fall by Lenka

*Double Trouble*

~Sophia

“What movie do you want to watch?” Parker asks.

Draky shrugs. “Anything,” he says, flicking his hair away from his eyes.

I don’t know why he agreed to come with us; he doesn’t even look interested in watching a movie.

Three movies are playing today; It’s Kind Of A Funny Story, Life As We Know It, and A Crazy Little Thing Called Love.

“I think Life As We Know It is funny,” I suggest.

“It’s Kind Of A Funny Story is funnier,” Draky says amusedly.

“I like A Crazy Little Thing Called Love,” Parker says.

Chloe smiles – a sure sign she’s agreeing with him.

“You’re asking what we want but you’re the one who gets to choose,” I protest, crossing my arms over my chest.

Parker smiles and ruffles my hair.

“A movie from Thailand?” I ask incredulously.

“We need subtitles,” Chloe informs me.

“Why watch a movie if you’re just going to read what they’re talking about?” asks Draky.

“You’ll see," Parker says smugly, "you’ll thank me later after we watched it.”

“I doubt it,” I mutter.

“I’ll buy tickets,” he announces.

“No,” Draky protests, “I’ll—“

“I’m the one who chose the movie we’re going to watch,” he interjects.

He’s right, but I want Draky to spend his money so that Parker can save his.

“I’ll buy snacks then,” he offers.

“We just ate,” I say.

What am I doing? I thought I want him to use his money? And now I’m saying that we just ate snack even though it was a few hours ago. Oh, right, because I want him to feel useless.