prólogo ; prologue

ariana ;
word count ; 1,616

i huffed as i pulled my forest green parka over my shoulders, resting my chin on my hand

i huffed as i pulled my forest green parka over my shoulders, resting my chin on my hand. i looked out of the car window and all i, or really anyone, could see was snow. there wasn't a spot on the ground that didn't have snow on it. everybody talks about how cold alaska is, but i'm not sure they really understand how freezing it can get here. momma and i were on our way to get coffee with ms. pattie, momma's friend, and her son, justin. i didn't really want to see or even interact with them. not because they were bad people, ms. pattie is actually a wonderful lady. it's just that, i think justin hates me. we never talk anymore, we don't even go to the same school. plus, he likes to party, smoke weed, and hook up with different girls every weekend, (a/n: BIZZLE ASF, WHO'S WITH ME???) and i like to watch netflix and eat my mom's famous zeppolis. speaking of zeppolis, i reach into the small cup that sat in the cup holder, filled with sweet delicacies. don't ask me why we have some in the car. knowing Frankie, he probably begged momma to make some. i take a bite of the italian sugary dessert and the creamy chocolate filling instantly melts in my mouth. yum, these are so damn good.

okay okay, back to justin. whenever my mom and ms. pattie meet to catch up, ms. pattie always drags justin along. why, you might ask? i'm not sure myself. maybe she brings him along just so i can have some company while her and my momma gossip. it's just always fucking awkward, even if i just acknowledge his presence. it's like i get this weird nausea feeling in my stomach, it's weird. we never really talk to one another when our mothers do meet up. just a greeting, an awkward smile, and a hug when we all see each other, and another before both families go their separate ways. my mom is always nagging me, asking me why i can never get along with him. she's always telling me how he's such a nice boy and that we would look so cute together. gag. no thanks, i'll pass. plus, i have ricky, my loving boyfriend. #rickiana for life.

the car stops in front of the starbucks that i've grown to love. hello, my old friend, im back. i step out, quickly putting my hood on as for the snow not to wet my straight tresses. i spent an hour using my straightener on these babies, the snow will not ruin them today. not today, satan. i hook my arm around momma's and sigh. "Joan Grande, i need you to please promise me that you won't embarrass me
or say anything that will make me want to die in a hole," i say, giggling. momma nods and rolls her eyes, i swear, sometimes i think i'm actually the adult and she's the teenager. i stop her once we step onto the sidewalk and face her. "momma, please, im serious! i know you'll say something to pattie that i won't like and then i'll get upset, like always." i huff out and look at her. "i promise, i promise. now let's go inside" she tugs on my arm as we get out the snowstorm, and into the nice and warm coffee shop. this starbucks is actually pretty big, unusually big for a starbucks, might i add. there were separate little rooms, like cubicles in an office. it was strange, but it had a nice vibe to it so who cares.