HER REPLACEMENT

HER REPLACEMENT

(A Dark Norman One-shot)

Victoria watched every day as her mom got sicker and sicker and there was nothing she could do to help her. All the trips to the doctor and the whole cabinet full of medicines seemed to be doing nothing to help her. She looked older than 38 and moved like she had about 20 years added to her age.

She watched as her mom was admitted to the hospital yet again. She felt sorry she couldn't help but really there was nothing she could do about it and it annoyed her.

"It's okay sweetie, I'll be fine." Her mom squeezed her hand as she was being rolled towards the ambulance.

Victoria nodded, already knowing the drill for this sort of thing. She would leave in an ambulance and be in the hospital three days before they sent her back without so much as a reason for her visits.

"Maybe I should come this time."

Her mom shook her head, "don't want you to see this and either does your dad. He'll be home soon."

The ambulance doors closed and they disappeared down the street. Leaving her alone and standing on the front porch. She groaned and headed back inside to clean up the shattered glass from the lamp that was on the side table, it had been knocked over and now lay broken on the floor. Sort of like her mom was, broken.

After cleaning up the mess she went into the bathroom and started the shower. It was going to be a long night for her, waiting by the phone while her mom was in the hospital and her dad was on his way home first but would go see her. So she would be alone, yet again. she was tired of being alone, her mom getting all the attention.

She grabbed a clean towel and set her clothes down on her bed before heading into the bathroom. Leaving the door cracked so it didnt steam up the small room and stripped down to get in.

*

Norman was beyond sick of having to come home from work every other day because his wife was in the hospital. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with her and he was missing too much work to keep up with all the doctor bills.

He pulled into the driveway of their house and already knew that it would just be his daughter here. He felt awful about leaving her alone all the time, he was always at work and his wife was always sick in bed. Didnt leave her a lot of time to see them and it knew it took a toll on here even if she wouldn't admit it. He parked the car and got out, heading up to the door to find it unlocked.

"Victoria?" He called out.

But there was no answer, he knew she didnt go to the hospital because she was never allowed there. His wife Marcy didnt want her to see any of the stuff they had to do to her, didnt want Victoria to see her mom sick like that.

He took the stairs up and everything was quiet. Maybe she was in her room, taking a nap or something. He knocked on her door and waited but got no reply. He cracked the door open and saw her clothes on the edge of the bed. Just then the shower turned off and the bathroom door was thrown open and Victoria was standing there naked in front of him.

"Dad?"

"Sorry baby, I wasn't sure if you were here," he said and tried to avert his eyes but they kept wandering back to her naked body. Little beads of water dripping down her tanned skin, her hair dripping wet as if she didnt even bother to dry it.

"Yeah, they just took mom away. Sorry I forgot my clothes," she said and tried to cover herself up but didnt have enough hands for that.

Norman blushed and felt his body heating up every second she stood before him naked like this, "uh, its okay. I'll just get out."