26) Somebody To Love

"Ready, Nathan?" I looked at a Nathan as he way trying to remember the moves to the choreography he asked me to teach him.

He looked up at me and smiled. We stood up straight and got ready for the dance. I smiled to myself  as I saw the 13 year old us in the mirror.

"You know, I am really proud of you, Dan." TJ said as he stood by the speakers.

"Thanks Big bro." I gave him a wink. He nodded and pressed play.

I looked over at Nathan and gave him a nod. I choreographed this routine for Nathan and me. Its something really simple and just for some fun.

Throughout the whole thing, we were just laughing to each other. When we finished, we were just laughing our heads off.

"You know, Nathan. You're a really good dancer." We were now laying on the wood floor as I looked up at him.

He laughed again. "Lies. I'm horrible."

I just laughed along with him.

I closed my book after that good memory as I leaned back against the wall. I heard a knock on the door. "Come in."

In came Ariana. Her lip was popped and she seemed upset.

"What's wrong, Ariana?"

She sighed and took a seat next to me. "I am going on tour in a week."

I gave her a look, telling her to go on. "I have to leave Nathan. I won't be able to handle the distance." She sighed. My eyes went wide.

Nathan's going to be devastated. "I am so sorry." I embraced her into a hug.

"No. No. Don't be." She said into the hug. I pulled back and looked at her questioningly.

"Everybody except Nathan knows." She said.

"How are you going to tell him?"

"That's where I need you most." She gripped at one of my hands.

"You are a good friend, Dani. To Nathan, and surprisingly, to me."

"Why is it so surprising that you are my friend?" I asked.

"Because. I kinda stole your best friend. And the thing is as well, you love him, but you are always here for us and you support us." She looked into my eyes.

"Dani. I need you to help Nathan and I stay in touch through this. We won't be together or anything, but I still want that connection and friendship that you have with him. I know it won't be the same as what you guys have, but I still want him as my friend."

"Please please please help me through this." She pulled at my arm, tears forming in her eyes.

"Of course I'll help." I pulled her into a hug as she cried into my shoulder.

"Thank you so so so much."

I pulled back. "Your welcome, hun."

She smiled at me. "You know, this can also be a time for you and Nathan to happen." he poked me with her elbow.

I laughed a little. "That will take a while." I shoved her playfully as she did it back.

"So when are you thinking of telling him?"

"Tonight." I nodded.

"Promise me you and me will also stay in touch and always be best friends? Just like how we are now?" She asked.

"Of course, Ariana." I brought her in for another hug.

"You are taking this very well, aren't you?" I asked her nicely.