Snow-Globes

Snow-globes

By Dillon Collins

Do you ever think about snow-globes? No, I'm mean really think. So many figurines are stuck inside like the patients are stuck inside the mind of their shrink...

Enveloped in water, fake snow (still cold) rains down on your suppressed soul. Longing to break free from the mold, from this constructed world made to be safe. Not for those under two because they'll choke right?

I wonder if I ever thought about snow-globes before. I mean did I ever really realize, I was stuck inside my own snow-globe of the very lies I despise!? I never wanted to be that person! The person so caught up in what the world is thinking that they hide behind their fragil glass walls... Back in the fish bowl, shake me and make it snow fake snow.. Knock my tears loose from my eyes but you will never see them because I'm underwater. Your screaming rejection is muffled and distorted! It's the only way I can take it! I never wanted to be stuck in my snow-globe.

Do you ever think about snow-globes? No, I mean really think. I Love the way the fake water is all that there is to drink. Your whole life is fake! you've never tasted the truth! well maybe you did once but I'm sure it was in your youth... When we get older we realize our snow-globe fantasies but refuse to think about them because If we think to much our globes will shatter! And we will be splintered! forced into the world and never able to get back in. We would break if we left our hollow underwater fake snow-worlds. So full of sparkles that those outside can't see the tears from our eyes, mixing with the water that our thinking minds both love, and reject... We know the tears are there but we bury them alive, in our death we close our eyes to the pain that we so despise, never do we realize that our hearts are breaking inside the lies of our fake snow globe fortresses!

I hope I wake up and shatter my snow-globe, no more fake feelings, versions of what I'm really thinking, and my hope, muffled and distorted by the water and walls of my fortress. No longer held back by fake snow, when I start crying! You're gonna know. I can't help you break out of your self-made prisons you were born in! I can't do it! I've tried! I can't even manage to look myself in my crying eyes.. I must despise the lies so deeply that I've told myself. I listened to the devils whispers! he said they were my only hope... But I've broke that mold! Or maybe it's imploded on me, but either way I've finally realised that I don't have to hide where everyone can see me. and shake me and bring out my fake tears. I can live outside of my snow-globe! And I will...

Join me in my madness! I can't make you believe, but we were meant for far more than fake snow made of sparkles so it's looks nice! Just like we have lids on our trash cans so we can't see the mice. We all know the rats are there! They are gnawing on our souls! When will we believe its a good thing when it shows!?

I wish you all would think about snow-globes. No I mean really think, just like the patients are trapped inside the minds of their shrink...