One of the Guys -- *Chapter Five: How to Survive a Party*

Brad--

Cassidy did not come up and do that! Right when I was talking to Shayna, too! Cassidy is literally....what's the word for it....annoying? Yeah, that seems about right. I can't take her! All she ever wants to do is suck faces with me! I admit, the only reason that I'm dating her is because my friends said I could never get a girl like her. So I asked her out, she said yes, and here I am today. I like Shayna Aman! Not Cassidy! I want to be with Shayna, but she just walked away because of Cassidy. Now Cassidy will be clingy all night, and I'll be eyeing Shayna all night.

Shayna--

Of course he has a girlfriend! Of course... he's Brad freaking Spalding, why wouldn't he have a girlfriend? He could get any girl he ever wanted... and that girl is Cassidy Martin. I take another gulp of my fruit punch and walk over to Josh. I pull down my ripped jean shorts as far as I can, which isn't that far, and straighten out my pink v-neck.

"Hey," I plop myself down on the couch he's sitting on.

"Hey, Shay. What's with you and Brad talking over there?" he asks me.

Of all questions, he asked that one.

"Eh, he was just helping me pour out the chips," I shrug off. Yeah, he was just helping me pour the chips. He wasn't proposing to me with a mariachi band or anything.

"Oh, got it. So wanna go check out Tyler's attempt at a bonfire?" he grins at me.

"Chyeah I do!" I hop up of my seat and we both walk on onto the patio to see a lame endeavor of a bonfire.

Brad--

How am I ever supposed to hang out with Shayna if I'm with Cassidy?

As if on queue Cassidy adverted her attention back to me, "I've got to leave,"

Probably to go smoke some foreign drug..."Okay, see y-"

I'm cut off my her lips on mine. I push her away, kindly, and she gets up and leaves.

I walk over to Shayna, who is standing on the patio with one of her football friends... Jake or John or something. 

"Hey Shayna," I come up behind her and smile.

"Hey Brad. Shouldn't you be with Cassidy?" she questions me, innocently. Great... she thinks I really like Cassidy.

"Nah, she left to who knows where. So, whats going on back here?"

"Just a bonfire that Tyler tried to have. There's stuff for s'mores over there..." she nods towards a table with marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers. 

"Want to make s'mores?" I ask, because I love chocolate.

She shrugs, "Sure..."

We walk over to the table, grab a wooden stick to put a marshmallow on, take the needed chocolate and graham, and walk over to the fire to roast our marshmallows. 

"Ah, my marshmallows on fire!" she yells jokingly as she blows out the flame atop her marshmallow.

I laugh, and hold my marshmallow in the flame. "I can't believe you like yours so burnt... I like mine light,"

"Suit yourself!" she squishes her roasted between the other contents of her s'more. 

Shayna--

I take a huge bite of my delicious creation and moan because it's so good. I finish chewing and laugh off my weirdness.

"You have a little chocolate," he brushes the top of his own lip, then wipes my lip free of chocolate with his thumb.

That seriously did not happen! That was like a romantic scene from a movie, the one that comes right before they kiss! Okay, Shayna, don't get too head over heels. He has a girlfriend, for God's sake! He's Brad Spalding. Brad. Spalding. Get over him, Shay. Besides, he wouldn't want a girl who talked to herself as if she was talking to another person.

He smiles at me and reaches for my hand to hold. At first I let him intertwine his fingers in mine, but I snap back into reality. I practically have a war with myself in my mind. Let go of his hand- he has a girlfriend! Keep holding on- you are in love with this guy! Let go of his hand! Keep holding on! It's just handholding, it's not like I'm making out with him! But I actually try to do the right thing, after a few seconds of enjoying the comfort of his warm, soft hand.

"Brad, don't. You have a girlfriend. Do we not remember Cassidy?" I pull my hand away.

"Shayna, she's not what you think she is..." 

"But, I think she's your girlfriend. I'm right, Brad. She's your girlfriend," I annunciate girlfriend. With that, I walk out of the house, waving to Tyler as I leave.

I really have to read a manual on how to actually survive a party when your big time crush is there. Too bad Judy Bloom isn't here to help me this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone! OK, before you judge, I know that last line was from Easy A.... but it's like my favorite joke from that movie and I just HAD to use it!(: 

This is the "long chapter" I promised... but I'm sorry that it isn't too long! I didn't really know what to add... a little writers' block! Please tell me what you thought of this chapter- especially of Brad and Cassidy!! If you liked it please vote or fan(: thanks for reading!

xxx