Life After Death

AUTHOR NOTE: The wait is over y'all! This is the sequel to "Something I Never Had". If you haven't read it, go read it then read this. For my day 1 fans, this is for y'all since y'all asked for it. I thank y'all a lot for the votes and comments. The title was chosen by one of my followers and I thank her so much for it because it's unique but still has something to do with the last book. This chapter is dedicated to her: @ebony30.  Be sure to read my other books too, I'll shut up now, enjoy!

I'm Semaj Monte Jordan but people call me SJ. I'm seventeen years old and I'm the star basketball player at my school. I'ma chill type dude, that's it really.

"See y'all later," I called to my parents as I walked outta the door. I got into my daddy's range rover, more like my range rover, and headed to school.

It's the first day of my senior year, I wanna make this year better than any other years. This is where everything counts.

I got to my first class and saw my best friend Ra'Quan. I sat down and Blue came right behind me.

Blue so damn irritating, I regret getting with her. I wish I woulda known she was crazy as hell before we had sex those few times.

"Hey boo," she said. I sighed.

"Wassup?" I looked off.

"My mama not gonna be home after school, you coming over?"

"Nah."

"What did I do?"

"Nothing, class about to start so don't you need to go back to your seat?"

She smirked, flipped her weave then went to her seat.

"That bitch weave didn't even move," Quan said. I started laughing.

I went to the north side after school. This usually where I'm at, this where me and my niggas kick it.

We were shooting dice and rolling up when a crack head walked up to us. He one of the coolest niggas you could be around though, he about the same age as my daddy.

"Wassup SJ?"

"Wassup Scrap?"

"Chilling young blood, where the hoes at?" All of us started laughing.

"You tell me man."

"Shit you got em all, high yellow ass." He pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

He started telling his stories so all of us quit shooting dice and sat on the porch. When Scrap telling stories I listen, I always get something from it.

"It was one young nigga, maybe sixteen or seventeen, took over these streets. He had shit rolling. He looked like SJ kinda."

"A light skinned nigga thugging?" Quan asked him.

"Fuck that's supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Y'all light skins some lil girls," he said. I flicked him off.

"Anyway," Scrap continued. "He had the finest girlfriend ever, she was a rider too. Her name was Keisha or some shit, his name was Monte. ."

"Nigga ain't Monte your middle name?" Quan asked. I just nodded, coincidence.

He went on to tell us about all the shit Monte did, then after his girl got shot, he did too but he didn't want them to take him to the hospital. That's some deep shit.

I went home, took a shower and started on my homework. I hate this shit. I turned on some music and finished it.

"SJ!" I heard my daddy yell my name from downstairs.

"Sir?"

"Come here right quick!"

I got off the bed, opened the door and walked down the stairs. I found him in the den watching TV.

"Wassup?"

"You got some more letters from colleges," he pointed at the table, "and there's gonna be a camp at Georgia State this weekend, you wanna go?"

"Yeah, that's all you called me for?"

"Nah, bring me a beer from the fridge."

"Man I knew it, you always want something."

"I know you better come back with a Corona in your hand."

I got the Corona and brought it back to him.

"Guess who I saw today."

"Who?" I asked.

"Blue," he started laughing.

"Man she came up to me at school this morning asking did I wanna come over, she just want me to get her pregnant."

"She was talking to me all nice then her hoe-ish ass mama walked in, I flew outta there."

My daddy had me cracking up at all the stuff he was saying, he crazy. Something I love about him, he acts my age and I can go to him about anything.

I walked in class and sat down, I gotta headache out this world. I put my head down, I shoulda took that medicine mama was trying to give me.

I looked up when the door opened and saw this pretty caramel skinned girl. She caught my attention, girls at my school don't look like her.

She took a seat beside me 'cause that's the only empty chair. People were staring at her and she seemed irritated by it.

After class I got up and walked out into the hallway with Quan. Somebody tapped me on my shoulder, I turned around and saw that girl.

"Wassup?"

"Can you tell me where Mr. Jackson's class is?"

"It's right across the hall from the girl's bathroom right there."

"Thanks."

She walked down the hall and I watched her walk into the room.

"Damn," Quan said.

"I know. I never been more happy to go to his class in my life."

"You a fool," he said. He went to gym and I went to Mr. Jackson's class.

"I'm so lost," the girl said as I sat down beside her.

"That's what happens when you miss the first day of school."

"I had more important stuff to do yesterday."

"Oh really, like what?" She smirked.

"Move in, decorate my room, all that."

"Where you come from?"

"LA."

"Is your conversation more important than my lesson SJ?" Mr. Jackson asked.

I looked at him and smirked.

"Nah."

"Alright then," he turned back to the board.

"Sorry," she whispered, then cracked a cute ass smile.

"Yeah whatever," I said then turned, facing the board.

I was heading to my truck when I saw Blue talking to the new girl. Damn! That's just my luck.

She saw me looking and waved towards me. I smiled at her and she kept walking. Blue always in the way, always.

I was waiting on Quan's slow ass when Blue walked up to my truck. Here we go.

"Why was you waving at Tionne?"

"What?"

"I didn't stutter SJ!"

"Man go on somewhere with that yelling and shit."

She reached in the window and slapped me on my face. I felt heat rise from my feet to my head, she started looking scared. I got out of the truck, slamming the door.

I grabbed her by her shirt and snatched her back. I pushed her against the truck and got in her face.

"I don't know what the hell wrong with you but don't you ever put your hands on me again, I had the mind to lay your ass out in this parking lot. Don't say shit else to me either, bye!"

I moved and she ran off quickly. When I looked up, I saw Tionne looking at me with a surprised expression. She shook her head, walking off. Dammit!

* Picture of SJ & Tionne (Tee-Un) on the side *