Chapter One- Don't be a bully

Chapter One-

       Ever since I started wearing these fake glasses and boring clothes, I've become invisible. Or until some ones self esteem gets low and they decide, Hey, if I pick on the nerdy girl, I'll feel better about myself.

       It's always been that way. I mean, people don't look on the inside, they just see what they want themselves to see. In reality, people who dress nice, aren't always nice. People who dress badly, may not be as bad as they seem. I know sometimes its hard to believe that that creepy emo kid who smokes in the alleyway behind the school, actually might not be that bad. Just get to know them before you judge them.

       I sometimes wished, I could just be me and not Elizabeth. The difference is the Elizabeth is a girl who wears nerdy glasses and her hair in a tight bun. Liz, on the other hand, wears a sort of vintage rock style, her long blond hair hanging loose and hazel eyes bright with excitment.

       Elizabeth read philosophy l books for fun, while Liz played her electric guitar.

       Well, now that you now more about me, the beginning of my story starts at a large brick house where me and my step monster and step sisters just moved.

-------------------------

       "121 Leroy street, South Marino"

       I read on the side of the new house we just got.

       "So, Cassidy was all like, 'Chris I love you but it just won't work.' Did you hear that Cassidy moves away to Florida and that then they're supposed to accidentally meet in a Casino?!" My step sister, Carissa, asked.

       "No, I heard that Chris was dating a girl and they were on a trip in Florida and Cassidy was their waitress!! Ohmigod what if Jackson moves back?!" Her twin, Marissa replied, clasping her hands over her mouth dramatically.

       I groaned inwardly as I lifted my black duffle bag out of the trunk and started up the pathway. The house was actually more of a mansion but I don't want to sound like I'm exaggerating.

       It had thirteen bedrooms, five bathrooms- each with their own shower and tub, two large spacious living rooms, a library, a humongous kitchen, two decks, and a movie room.

       Okay, after that description, I'm doubting the fact that its not a mansion.

       I went up the stairs and into my room. It was by far the smallest bedroom but it was still bigger than the last one I had. My step monster, Jasmine, had wanted me in the farthest, most smallest room so I wouldn't do anything. It wasn't me she had to worry about though, it was her twin daughters.

       I looked around the room, drinking in where I had to live for the next few months until Jasmine got through all the available guys (married guys sometimes too) in the town.

       The walls and ceiling were a midnight blue that I had selected. I was actually surprised when Jasmine said I could pick the color for it. The carpet was black and soft enough to sleep on. My bed had light blue and white geometric patterned duvet with black and white pillows. The rest of my room was bare except for a white dresser with black drawers.

       I put my duffle bag on my bed and began unpacking, placing everything in my dresser.

       When all the clothes were put away, I pulled out the last three objects- the most meaningful ones I owned.

       Two of them were pictures and the other a book.

       The first picture was of me as a baby with my mom, Gabriela.

       The second of me with my dad right before he died.I was ten and he had just gotten married to the step moster. He had told me that Carissa and Marissa were my age and that we would be sisters. I was happy about that...until I met them. They really aren't that bad, their just so...girly. I missed my dad a lot.

       The book was my moms journal to me. She got cancer right after I was born and so she started a journal on everything a girl needs to know. How to apply make-up, what to do after a heartbreak, what to do when you hit puberty (that one came in handy!), and things like that. She died when I was two.

       I also had a nightstand beside my bed. It was all white and had inspirational quotes that I had found, written on it.

       I opened the top and only drawer and placed the journal inside. I slid it closed. The lock was very unusual for a nightstand. It was silver and only unlocked when I pressed my special, one of a kind, locket into it. Which I did now to lock it.

       I stood up and placed the two picture frames on the top, facing the bed.

       I yawned and streched. I went over to the dresser and opened the drawer with my pj's and got out a pair.

       I changed into them and sighed. Hopefully, tomorrow, the first day of school, would be better than the last four first days of school. But why hope, when I know it wouldn't be?

       I collapsed onto my bed and pulled the covers up to my chin.

       Maybe, just maybe, I could be Liz instead of plain ol' Elizabeth. Maybe...

A/N-

So this isn't my first story but it's one I'm determined to finish. (: I hope to update at least once a week but if I don't, its because I don't have time (obviously) because of the Honors courses I'm taking. Comment and tell me what you liked/disliked about this story. Thanks! And also the pictures on the side of her and her mom and her and her dad! (:

~Ash