4. Tangled In The Great Escape

A/N:

Ugghh I couldn't get Pierce The Veil's "Tangled In The Great Escape" out of my head >.< ... It's out of my system now though... no its not lol. Also, sorry for the looong wait :/ Anyhoo, on with the story!!

Dani:

 I couldn't really grasp the situation I got myself into. I kind of lost track of time and Jesse too. I knew he wouldn't go crazy worrying about me if he was preoccupied with someone else, so I just let him be. He can take care of himself and so can I. I just didn't exactly know what to do with myself then. Everyone around me seemed to be having a good time. Every being was preoccupied in their own world, their own special niche in this public affair. I was walking through the crowds, watching the obscene unfold before me. I continued to just watch, maybe looking like a creep, but its what I do. I observe, I look for things within people, their surroundings, their words. I don;t know why, I just do. The air was getting thicker and hotter. I didn't like it there. I was hoping to see a familiar face after a while, maybe Jesse's, John's.  Andy's, even though I barely know the guy. Heck, maybe even Mariah's! I just felt uncomfortable, unable to fit in or even blend in.

I walked away from the heated scene and found my way to the front doors again. I texted Jesse: I'm outside on the front steps. I wanna leave :/ . I was hoping he'd reply soon. I had no other option, so I sat on the front steps, rested my head on the railings and closed my eyes, ignoring the mindless chatter around me, drowning out the sounds of superficial pleasure, and waited. But after a while, I was interrupted. 

I had that feeling. You know, the one you get when someone was staring at you. I wanted to ignore it but my curiosity piked. I opened my eyes to find some guy leaning on the railing across from where I was sitting on the step. He was clearly looking at me and was not trying to hide it. I turned my head away from him but still felt his gaze boring through the side of my head. Annoyed, I looked back at him and tried to ward him off with a bitchy vibe, but to my surprise he had his arms crossed, head tilted up with eyes closed. I was confused. Like what was wrong with this dude! Though I would admit, he did look rather attractive like that. In that moment, it was as if he returned to reality and his head snapped back down to look at me with a smirk forming on his lips as he caught me staring.

Oh come on! 

"What!" I asked exasperated. I hate the idea of eye tag. It messes with my head and gets me flustered for no valid reason. It was frustrating.

With that smirk now turning into a grin, he looked down and shook his head. I did a mental check of my appearance, making sure that there was nothing messed up with my face or hair and I'm sure I was fine. I took a note on his appearance as well. He looked tall and lanky in his short sleeved Hollister button-down, dark jeans and Vans, and he certainly pulled it off. But I didn't want to deal with this. Defeated, I stood up to make my way back into the house.

"Wait," Oh, so he speaks. "You here alone?" Well someone gets straight to the point don't they.

I slowly turned around while keeping my gaze away from his own. "Uh, no. I'm here with some friends." Well, they're here in this house, I think, I hope.

He looked around cocked his head to the side and said "It doesn't look like you have any friends around."

Well fuck duh I have no freaking idea where they went!

"They're getting something inside," oh how I wish. "They told me to wait out here," I lied. "They'll be back soon," I hoped.

"Oh." He looked like he was contemplating something. Was he buying this?

He looked up at me again, "Does that mean I can't have a dance with you?" With that I glanced, wide-eyed at him.

Hell to the fucking no you can't! Who are you? Where did you come from! This is why I can't do parties. I just can't.