My Heartbreak Girl (A Luke Hemmings Imagine)

"Hey!" Your childhood friend called your name from down the hall, "(Y/N)!" He continued to run down the hall until he stood next to you while you cleaned out your locker. "You're coming tonight right?" He asked poking your shoulder.

"Well I kind of have to, you know? Band?" You groaned jokingly looking up at Luke who took it seriously and was frowning. "Yes, I'm going and I would go even if I didn't have band." Your groan had turned to a light chirp and a smile spread across your face. Luke's face lit up and you couldn't help but laugh about to pick up your backpack for the last time of your junior year. 

Luke took your backpack from you and started running towards the exit, "Im glad you're coming." 

"It's just your graduation," you shrugged, "Why do you seem so excited about me coming? You know I would either way." You asked with slight agitation and you didn't even mention the fact that Luke had taken your bag, however you saw like tense up before stopping in his position, "Luke?" He seemed to relax a bit and sigh. "You okay?" You caught up with where he stood right in front of the door. "Lukey?" 

Luke turned his head quickly looking at you, "What?" You blinked staring at him, why is he acting like he didn't hear you? "Oh! I never answered you." Luke cut you off before you could re-explain what you had said, "You're my best friend! Of course I want you there! Especially at the after party with my family." He let out a big sigh, "You're literally the only person who can keep me sane when I'm stuck with my family." 

"Agreed." You smiled seeing Luke seemingly back to normal, as you followed Luke to his car you saw a bunch of other seniors walking around taking in the fact that they're about to leave the school for the last time as students yet they all looked so happy even though some were crying. "Luke?"

"Huh?" He asked showing you had his attention. 

"Your grade must have hated it here they all seem so happy to be leaving, why aren't you?" You asked with a small laugh.

Luke laughed louder getting behind the wheel waiting for you to get into the passenger seat. "You could say that, I'm just glad I'm done with this whole high school bull, but I'm not to fond not he idea of leaving and going off to college you know?" 

I shrugged, "I guess," the car was silent until the engine rung through your ears, you decided to break the silence as the engine did, "It's gunna be so weird not having you in school with me." You frowned, the relationship you and Luke had was definitely a close one. Luke nodded agreeing with you, "We've never been apart for more than a month!" You chuckled quietly thinking to yourself, you and Luke have been best friends for over 10 year! It all started when you move to Australia right next foot to Luke Hemmings and he grew up not being like the usual "boy next door" but he became your boy next door, well without the two of you falling in love kind of deal which you were okay with, you knew he would never feel the same way. You were only about 6 when you moved in, making Luke 7. The first time you met was after playing ball with your brother and you kicked the ball over your fence. You and your brother were so upset over losing your favorite ball that you both just went inside. You tried to get your mom to get it back but she was too busy with unpacking everything to even think about it. About an hour or two later there was ring at the door, you let your mother to answer it but she called your name, and that was the first time you saw him. Little Luke stood at the door with his mother, you ran her and stood by your own mother. You were excited to see the ball you thought you never see again, you had your eyes locked on the prize while Luke's mom was apologizing to yours because apparently like tried to keep you ball, eventually your mom invited both Luke and his mother inside and a few years after that you realized that the prize your eyes had truly locked with was Luke Hemmings.