Chapter One || Season Five, Episode One : Faceless, Nameless ||

Season 5, Episode 1

Sighing quietly, I glanced over to Derek as he drove us to a crime scene at 751 North Harney. None of us are in the greatest of moods to deal with something like this, especially after all that went down in Canada.

"Believe me, I'd rather be home too. But we signed up for this gig babygirl." His smooth voice brought me out of my trance of staring at him. My bottom lip slid between my teeth as I bit down softly.

"I know, but I'm worried about Aaron. He hasn't answered any one of my texts or calls since last night." softly telling him my troubles, I pull out my phone once again and checking to see if I had any new messages.

He gave me an defeated look, and quickly went to work on find a parking spot, officers were seen roping off access to the general public.

Once our SUV was stopped, Derek and I exited quickly and began to make our journey over to where David Rossi stood.

As we came closer to David, Derek proceeded to ask the question we all was wondering," We're not working the case. Why call us to a crime scene?"

David simply looked between Derek and I before he responded, "I was hoping one of you two knew."

I couldn't stop my hazel eyes from rolling but giving off a small smile at Rossi, Emily then decided to make her appearance as she came from behind him.

"JJ said the police told her it was urgent." she spoke fast as she stopped between Rossi, Morgan and myself.

"Four hours of sleep after what we went through in Canada, it better be." Derek's voice demanded as he looked straight ahead, his jaw clenching.

My eyes began to skim around the crowd and noticed that my sister isn't there.

"Where is she anyway?" Asking softly, Prentiss nodded her head towards a door and Morgan started to lead us that way.

Once we finally found the room my sister and Reid was in, JJ tore her gaze from pacing with her phone and saw the four of us enter the room," Oh, you guys are already here." her eyes swooped the four of us and finally rested on me.

"Have you heard from Hotch?" she asked me quietly, my brows furrowed in worry as I realized that nobody heard from our leader and that wasn't something that settled right in my stomach. He always, and I mean always texted at least one of us if something came up. That one is usually me or JJ.

I slowly shook my head and brought my hand up to my mouth and began to chew up my thumb nail in a nervous haste.

She gave me a small reassuring smile before she introduced us to the older African American man she was standing next to," You guys remember Detective Walker?"

Detective Walker brought forward his right hand an shook Morgan's before speaking.

"Thanks for being here. I understand none of you are working on much rest." He glanced us all over before continuing to shake all of our hands.

As he reached Rossi's, David asked what we were all wondering," Who's the victim?"

Our eyes all looked down at the yellow tarp covering the victim's body.

Detective Walker spoke as he looked at the yellow tarp also," His name is Nelson Martinez."

He continued as we all nodded our heads in acknowledgment, " From what we can figure, he answered the door, was forced into his apartment at gunpoint and then shot in the chest." As we looked around the apartment to try to picture how the crime was committed, Walker then added " It was all pretty sloppy."