Chapter II Cont.

Author's FYI: Hey, I know I wasn't going to do this for a while, but here's the rest of chapter two. I hope you guys like this part of Utopia. I tried to make it really fun, and bright. 

**************************************************************************************************************

            Once we entered the arch that opened to the square flashing images entered my mind. Laughing kids throwing snowballs at each other, little pixies twirling around us as we play tag, jumping into hug piles of leaves and watching them fall back to the ground, like huge orange and brown snowflake. I had no idea why this was happening, but I needed to get to the bottom of this, and Trenton and Lucas were going to lead me there. “Natalie, are you okay?” Lucas asked looking really concerned.

            “I’m great,” I smiled continuing through the park. Trenton held me closer; he and Lucas did another awkward stare off. “Where are we going?” I asked trying to break the tension between them.

            “You see that tint in the distance?” Trenton said pointing to a gazebo a few yards ahead. It was huge and surrounded by smaller versions scattered all around us. “We’re taking this trail to that pavilion.”-

            “My cousin, Mike, is throwing a birthday party for his girlfriend, Kim, there. She’s a-character,” Lucas added with a smile. “My sister Leona, will be there, and so will a few kids that go to school with us,” Lucas said. He most of noticed the glimmer of fear in my eyes, because he quickly added, “It’s nothing really big, just a little get together.”  

            “Sounds like fun,” I smiled at him. I have really bad social phobia and panic attacks. Whenever I feel over crowded, or self-conscious I start to hyperventilate. We got a little farther into the square and came up on a bridge. It was veiled in a canopy of shrubbery and flowers. The hues of purple, red, yellow, and green intertwined into an ambience of radiant warmth. Around the flowers butterflies danced and greeted us as we made our way through the bridge. The canopy blocked out the sunlight, but the inside was lit by candlelight, and little sparkling glimmers of gold following the butterflies. Their multi-colored and multi-patterned wings were strange to me. I’d never seen any so beautiful. Then one bit me.  

            “Peyton, what are you doing?” Lucas asked one of the butterflies, and me and Luna exchanged glances. “You should be a lot nicer to guest to this area. Who knows how much your actions will affect tourism,” Lucas said scolding the butterfly.

            “I’m fine Lucas, honestly. Why did you name a butterfly?” I asked. Everything about this place was so foreign at times, and everything about Lucas and Trenton was weird.

            “I’m a pixie don’t you know what we look like?” a voice squeaked. It wasn’t until I focused my eyes and listen in that I heard the reply. Looking right at me was what appeared to be a little girl no order then Jaden. She had glossy jet black hair, in taunt spiral shoulder length curls, which framed her tiny heart shaped face. Her lips were a plump ruby red and she looked like Snow White. That is if Snow White were three inches tall, with blue and purple butterfly wings-that happened to be twice the size of her body.  “I just wanted to say hi,” she had floating up and down.

            “Oh, hi it’s nice to meet you Peyton,” I said waving at her.

            “You should be a little more careful,” Trenton said sounding a little harsh. It wasn’t really Peyton’s fault I didn’t hear her, or see that she was a pixie.

            “You should mind your own business,” Peyton said folding her arms, and scrunching her face at him.

            “Lucas doesn’t need you bothering people that inter the square, and I’d appreciate it if you’d relocate yourself to another park, in another region,” he said scolding her.