Chapter 36

Same Day...
Dev POV

As my mother pulled up at Micheal's house I exhaled. I wasn't sure how this talk was gonna go. I was just going to avoid Micheal as much as possible unless I absolutely had to be around him. My Mother, on the other hand, wanted to talk to him. And she brought his parents into this. She reached over and grabbed my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Everything's gonna be fine. We'll get all this straightened out. Now come on." She let go of my hand and got out the car. I sighed once more and got out. Momma went to the door and knocked. A few minutes later Micheal's Mother came to the door with a smile on her face.

"Devin! Hey Crystal." She greeted warmly.

"Hey Mrs. Monica." I small smiled.

"Hello Monica. How are you?" My Mother said.

"I'm doin just fine. Ready to have my last two and be done with it." She answered, rubbing her stomach. I looked down at mine. Oh lord! I'm going to be big! "Well come on in." She stepped aside and let us in. I walked into their big house. I almost feel like a stranger to this house.

"There she is! Devin! Crystal!" Micheal's Father, Dominic greeted. He smiled as he hugged me. I hugged him back. He hugged my Mother as well.

"Well dinner is almost ready. You can have a seat in the living room. Where's Denise?" Monica asked.

"Awe girl. She wanted to stay over at her friend's house." Mom answered.

"Micheal! Get down here!" Dominic yelled.

I kept trying to forget why I was here but couldn't. I especially couldn't push it out of my mind once I saw Micheal walk down those stairs. Gosh! He looks so sexy. He had on all black with a sliver chain and diamond earrings. I saw those before I saw him. And he wore black high-top AIR FORCE 1s. Damn. Have you ever seen someone look so good?

"Hey Dev." He said.

"Hi Micheal." I stated still trying to sound mad. But I believe I sounded weak because he smirked. He knew exactly what he was doin. He knows what it does to me when he wears all black. Bastard.

"How you doin Ms. Simmons?" He said shaking my Mother's hand.

"I'm doing fine Micheal." She answered.

"Dinner's ready." Micheal's Mother called. Micheal got up before me but allowed me to go ahead of him. We made our way to the dining room. "Just give me minute to set the table."

"Oh I'll help. Well actually I'll do it. I remember where everything is." I offered.

"Yeah. Me too." Micheal said.

"You sure Dev? I can do it."

"Yes ma'am. You've already made dinner, I'll set the table." I smiled and head into the kitchen with Micheal hot on my heels.

I opened a cabinet to grab Monica's favorite set of plates but failed to reach them. They're higher than I remember. I stretched but continued to fail. I felt Micheal reach over me and grab the set of plates. I huffed as he sat the plates down on the counter in front of me. He pressed against me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I'm sorry Dev."

I got out of his arms and finished what I was doing.

"Dev?"

"I heard you Micheal... I just don't believe you." I answered as I grabbed glasses from another cabinet.

"Look I know, what I said was messed up and I'll take full blame for that but Dev? I don't want my child to grow up without their father. I'm gonna be there. This is my wake up call. I know it's time for me to grow up now. Like I said I'm sorry for what I said, I was jus scared I mean what am I gon do with a baby? Will I even be able to care for it? I'm just scared Dev. Okay? I'm scared."

"I'm scared too. Don't you think I'm scared Micheal? I'm the one who has to carry this child for 9 months. I'm the one who will have to deal with folks talkin about me bein hot. But Micheal if I would've had an abortion, I'm the one who would have to deal with the pain. I was willing to go through it on my own without you because I really want this baby. I would love for you to be there. For their first step. First word. Birthdays. Doctors appointment. And everything else. But Micheal I need know if you are committed to me and this baby? Are you?"

"Anything for you."

I smiled and took the plates into the living room maybe this night won't be so bad.

****

"Monica? Dinner was great." Momma exclaimed.

"Yeah Mama. Dinner was the bangin." Micheal said reaching for a toothpick. I chuckled.

"Well thank you."

I helped Monica clear the table then we joined everyone else in the living room. Monica sat next to Dominic. And I sat next to my Mother as Micheal sat next to me and held my hand.

"So, Dev? Which do you want? A boy? Or a girl?" Monica asked.

"I want a girl." I answered.

"Oh lord." My Mother said, shaking her head.

"Me too. I'm gonna spoil her. And if she looks anything like her Mama, Imma have to carry a 9 milli." Micheal commented.

I laughed. "Boy you are to much."

"So we should discuss a schedule? When did you find out you were pregnant?" Dominic asked.

"August 19th or 20th."

"Okay so you'll be due somewhere in April. And you'll still be in school then." My Mother said.

"Right. So we can alternate between days? Or weeks? Which ever works best. We'll keep him for a few days but not until Dev is comfortable with leaving him. And we also need make sure Micheal is use to the child too." Monica said.

"And what about necessities? Diapers? Bottles? Pacifiers? Clothes?" Dominic commented.

"Well I could get a job? So you guys won't have to buy everything." Micheal suggested.

"That could work. But we should discuss it more once Dev goes to the doctor."

"When is your next appointment sweetie?" Monica asked.

"Next week on Monday." I told her.

"Okay." She must've noticed me shaking. "Everything's gonna be fine. We'll help you as well as your Mother. You got this."

Excuse mistakes. Love y'all.

Jae😍👑💙