(2) Human Tennis Ball of Love

Chapter Two (PLEASE VOTE! :D)

          Have you ever heard something so beautiful, that its splendor ringing through your ears was so overwhelmingly amazing that it made you want to cry?

          Yeah, me neither. But apparently, my voice is like that. According to some crazy fan guy.

           “It really is,” he explained after I gave him a look that probably told him I was scared for my life at the moment.

           “Well, um, thanks,” I said awkwardly, handing him the signed picture of me that featured my new makeup line, “L by Liz.”

           “It was such a pleasure to meet you!” he exclaimed, looking down at the poster like he valued it with his life. I swore the guy was drooling.

           “It was great to meet you too…” I trailed off, completely forgetting the guy’s name. I surreptitiously tried to look at the poster I’d just signed, but he had it clutched to his chest. Ha. Pathetic.

           “Gabriel,” he told me, smiling at me with an even bigger grin. “It’s all right that you forgot my name, I mean, I understand,” he reached across the table and grabbed my hand and cradled it in his own sweaty one. It took all of my strength not to rip it away and call security. I knew they were on the edge right now because of this guy. He was way too overly-touchy.

           Still, I had to keep up the image. So I smiled at him, even though he was totally grossing me out.

           Don’t get me wrong, I loved my fans. Especially those with the shaggy blonde hair and the blue eyes that had gages in their ears and sometimes wore a hint of guy-liner…

           But no. Liz Stanley had to be single. “To keep up the image,” Trisha had said.

           “You’re famous and you meet tons of guys like me every day,” Gabriel continued. “So, what would make me stand out? I’m just another face in the crowd, hm?”

“Of course not,” I told him incredulously. “You’re my fan, Gabe. That makes you my friend.” Ew.

 “Well, I’m glad to hear that,” he said before one of the security guards came over and told him he had to move. “Well, it was nice meeting you, Liz Stanley. I will never forget this day.” Then he leaned over the table and kissed me.

                  He freaking kissed me!

                  I yelped and put a hand over my mouth, my eyes bulging out of their sockets. “Get him away from me,” I mumbled, wiping my mouth.

                “Of course,” the burly security guard said while dragging off Gabriel, who was still proclaiming his love for me.

                Quite loudly, I noticed, because as soon as he and the guard were out of site, I saw the large line of fans in front of me, all with shocked looks on their faces.

                I needed to do something. Now.

                I leaned into the microphone and smiled out at them. “Don’t get any ideas, now, you guys,” I joked, and the line of people laughed. Phew. At least I wasn’t going to have any more of those.

                “Psst, did you enjoy that?” Andrew asked me. He was right next to me and I could see his white teeth twinkle in his mischievous smile. My band was like my family. The guys were all as good as brothers to me. But if I ever considered dating one, It’d be Andrew.