Chapter 4

The Mysterious Girl

Ryuki Pov:

           "What ?" I asked irritably. I've been here for god knows how many hours but this obaa-san just kept on staring at my figure.

           "Naa. I just still can't believe that you're here. Flesh and blood." Obaa-san said chuckling.

           "Hmm. Me too." I said looking at the figures down the court. Chibisuke seems to find a couple of friends. A real one I must say.

           "Still the overly protective oneechan !?" Obaasan said teasingly. Prolonging the last word. Seriously ? This grandma is surely getting on me right know. I didn't reply. Might as well focus on these brats than talk with this grandma.

"How are you yuk--

I cut her. "Ryu. Ryuki but not yuki. Yuki is already gone since that night. Im fine." Then I look at her. "Perfectly fine than those years of hell." I said firmly then look back to where chibisuke is. "Im nothing but fine..." I continue but I didn't know if she heard it. Then the next couple of minutes were a deafining silence. I can sense that she's still looking at me. Barely tho.

Then a soft but firm knock where heard from the door.

"Come in !" Ryuzaki obaasan said and the door slowly open.

"Ryuzaki sen-- his sentence was cut in mid air. "You have a visitor. I think--

"Go on tezuka. She's a friend of mine. A daughter of a friend and a sister to a student." She said teasingly. My eyes twitch. This grandma is surely a spoiler. But still, I remained silent and unfaized. I didn't even bother to look at the back and greet. I just continue to watch my brother practice.

Tezuka Pov:

           "Ryuzaki sen-- I stopped mid air. She has visitor. "You have a visitor. I think-- I turn to the girl standing beside sensei. She didn't even bother to recognize me. She's probably watching our practice. Suddenly, I felt a pang of curiosity. I don't know why but it seems like Im already attached to her. I immediately dismiss that idea. But then I can keep my eyes away.

           "Go on tezuka. She's a friend of mine. A daughter of a friend and a sister to a student." Sensei said teasingly. But the mysterious girl remained unfaized. She said nothing. I can't even see any void of emotions on her face. Even her eyes says nothing. I look back at sensei.

           "Aa. I just want to give this. A report for every regular and also to study for the upcoming tournament. I also holds a copy of this." I said. Ryuzaki sensei walk towards me. She's looking directly into my eyes. Trying to read something. But I give nothing away.

           "Aa. I see. Thankyou !" She said then gave a meaningful smile. I just nodded back. Then took a last glance at the girl. Still facing her back at me. And somehow, I can see a tall and unbreakable wall between us. Then I close the door and walk back to the court.

Ryzaki sensei Pov:

           "Aa. I see. Thankyou !" Then I smile at tezuka meaningfully. This guy is an every definition of unexpected. Unreadable yet an open book sometimes. He can be hard to read but if you completely break his wall you will surely be entertained.  I even caught his slightest look on ryuki. I can't argue with that. Even just facing her back you'll have this beat of curiousity about her. A real mystery. Even me who's well-experienced in reading different kind of people, I admit that ryuki is a special case. Her personality will hunger your curiousity. A perfect victim yet a very very dangerous one. She's more than fuji. She's like a calm before a storm.

           "Are you fully recovered now ?" I ask. Just to kill this awkward silence.

           She look at me then answered "Yea. Just some random full check up every month."

           "But on the inside ?" I asked again then gave a meaningfull look at her.

           "Fine too. Nothing to worry yet nothing to be at ease. Im in the middle." She answered. I sigh. I really miss the old version of her. Chill, loud, strong, cocky and overly energized girl. A perfect brat she and ryoma are. Like their father called them.

           "I going now. Bye ! Bye ! Baa-san." She said then walk straight ahead. Didn't even bother to hear my farewell. Then I look down at the court where everyone is. I spotted ryoma. A boy version of ryuki and a copy cut of nanjirou. I wish her sister will be able to comeback like before. I know even ryoma is worried at her.

Fuji Pov:

           "Maa. Maa. Not bad taka-san !" I said amussingly. Then Its like the wind is pushing me to look at my left. My eyes snap open. A pair of gold eyes and a green tinted black hair surprise me. No void of emotion is evident on her face. She's more than tezuka.

           I tried my best to smiled at her. But to my surprise, she's nowhere the radar before I could even blink. Then a flashback came.

           'A girl who look like ochibi !'

           "Game kawamura 5 games to 2." The referee declared.

           "Burningg !! 'Sup fuji !? You surely are distracted !" Taka exclaimed. I look at him then smiled fondly.

           "Gome gome taka ! I just saw a mysterious kitten watching from a far." I said meaningfully then look at echizen. He looks at me, puzzled.

           "Lets continue." I declaired then did my first serve. Its like my body is more active than the usual. Just one look of the girl and Im like this. Hmm~ Interesting. Then I smiled at taka eyes shut open.

           I won't let to end this year without knowing that mysterious girl. Then I took a last glance where she was standing a few feet away. I'll meet you sooner rather than later. Then smiled triumphantly.

-----------
A/n: so ? How was it !? Oh. Sorry btw for the late update. Well, expect more updates this time.

Kawamura: BURNING !!! Chena neechan do not own Prince of Tennis !

Chena(me): fuji ? Get that racquet away from taka san !

Fuji: Its alright neechan ! *smile sadistically*

@cheenatalie