Alone..

• Dedicated to my nan

Here I am once again. In a car where you could use a knife to break the uncomfortable silence, my dad driving not saying a word and my step-mum playing on her iPhone 5.
All of my family have iPhones except, yep you guessed it, me!
My dad is like any alpha of the pack - hard outer shell commanding but that's the outside - on the inside my dad is more he's warm and cuddly - a side my step-mother never gets to see.
If only my father knew what my step-mum does to me. I'm only 17 and I haven't shifted yet. I can't switch though. Anyway my step mum abuses me because I remind her of my mother. My dad mated with his real mate when he was younger and they had me. But my step-mother was arranged to marry my father so she killed my mother. I have never forgiven her.

After about 10 more minutes of this quietness we reach my nans house. My nan is an Elder, wise and beautiful, a rare red wolf she knows all and sees all.
"Scar! My darling," My nan says walking up to my side of the car and opening the door.
"Nan! I missed you," I say hugging my nan.
My dad picks up my luggage and puts it down. "Scarlett, enjoy living with your nan because you.. you uuuh forget it," he says walking away. A tear escapes my eye as I watch my father leave my life forever...
A few minutes later my nan grabs my attention. "I do understand that you feel like an Omega," my nan says pulling me into her house. I take one last look at the road and turn back to my nan. "It's no big deal Nan, Father has been distant ever since mother died then I became an outcast," I say my breath hitching in my throat and then we entered her small house.
It was a Victorian house, it had an oak exterior with white walls, on the front porch was a swing, and a rose bush wrapping around the steps. Flower baskets hung from the frame and rectangular windows, and the white curtains covered up the windows.
"Come on sweetheart! 1 day until you shift, we need to get prepared," my nan coos dragging me into the hallway. I look at the hallway and get taken back to my childhood when I use to play with my dolls and would dress them up In delicate outfits. The carpet was red and the walls where a light cream colour with pictures on the walls and a table and chair in a free corner. I enter the kitchen and see dinner on the table.
"You sensed me coming didn't you nan?" I say sweetly looking into her hazel eyes. My nan smiles and puts her hand through her red hair. Even though she is 70 she doesn't look like it.
"You know way to much about me Scar," she says sitting down and pulled out another chair for me. "I will have to get you a meeting with the Alpha as soon as I can, at the moment we're in Crescent Moon territory," my nan says putting a forkful of spaghetti in her mouth.
"That would be great. I am fed up of hearing my packs thoughts!" I exclaim finishing my food.

After dinner I ran up to my room. It was aquamarine, with a large queen size bed with black silk duvet. In the corner are drawers and a huge full body mirror. On my drawers are a glass pot of roses and tulips. On my wall is a frame of a black iris. There is a massive walk in closet and a en-suite bathroom with a jacuzzi in it.
I start to un-pack and hang up my clothes. Just at that moment my nan enters the room. "School tomorrow darling," she says and sits on my bed and hands me some skirts.
"Really?! Thanks, I have not gone to school in like 3 years!" I exclaim looking at my nan.
"Goodnight sweetheart, see you in the morning," she says and leaves.
I am left alone with my own thoughts. "Well I think I better get into bed," I say aloud before I lay down and let the dreams sweep me away.

'