Keep an open mind

Hey! This is my new book.

But this one is a bit confusing coz this one and my soon to be published book 'believing liars' are connected.

:)

Please comment/fan/vote to tell me how you are enjoying this book

Thanks fans!

LOVE FROM AMANDA!!!!

********************************************************* <3<3<3<3

Chapter 1  

“So, Mackenzie, looking forward to seeing your mum again?” asks my Aunty Marianne, awkwardly. 

   I don’t know how to answer this. I haven’t seen Allison…I mean...  Mum since I was eight. I’m sixteen now. I used to live here when I was younger but then dad and mum got divorced and dad gained custody of me. And that’s when everything turned upside down. He was murdered and I was hearing strange voices in my head. Like when I was younger. It was a weird and upturning  year.

   “I guess.” I mumble, looking out of the misty window.

   “I know it rains a lot in Auburn, and you don’t know many people here, but you should at least pretend to smile.” She turns to look at me, taking one of her hands of the wheel and putting it on my back. “I know your mum will be over the moon to see you.” She smiles.

   I enjoyed living in Oakley! I had friends, family…a life! And I felt like I belonged.

   She removes her firm grip off my back and places it back on the wheel. “Nearly there.” She exhales loudly.

   I hold my breath as we drive past the sign saying Auburn. Population: 376.

   Small town, I think, releasing the air again.

   We turn into an old, large, rickety and wooden house’s driveway. I haul open the aged and rusted car door that creaks as it opens.

   “I’ll get your stuff; you go and say hi to your mum.” She says kindly, struggling to open the boot of her car.

   I don’t say anything and slowly walk up the few steps that lead to the house’s door. I hesitate as I reach for the door handle.

   It makes a squeak noise as I open it.

   “Allison?” I call, stepping into a dark entrance hall. I wasn’t comfortable calling her mum until I get to know her better. “Alli-”

   Allison emerges from a room to my right. I jump with fright almost falling onto my butt.

   “Mackenzie? Is that really you?” she asks wrapping her arms around me.

   “Hi Allison.” I put on a fake smile.

   “I missed you honey!” she says and holds me at arms length to get a better look at me. I wriggle out of her grip.

   Marianne squeezes through the door dragging my extremely heavy suitcases, full of memories that I will probably never experience again. I really should have helped her with my bag.

   “Don’t mind me, continue your family reunion.” She squeaks in a hoarse tone, sweat pouring down her face.

   I walk over to her and grab one of the bags, heave it up onto my shoulder, and begin walking upstairs to my old room.

   “I left it exactly how it was when you left.” As the words fall out of her mouth I begin to run up the stairs like an irritated bear was chasing me.