Paper Cranes

I was fooling around in facebook when I read a very touching story… So the idea was actually from another unknown person. xD Anyway, hope you like this (kind of) depressing story.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Harvest Moon.

~Paper Cranes~

Neil's POV

I was a normal guy. A simple man with a simple job and a simple living. I wasn't rich; I ran away from home. I barely graduated from college because of my rebellious tendencies. I was almost homeless, but it was a good thing that I found a job at the zoo. It wasn't special, really. Others might call it a completely useless job; an animal feeder. I don't even know if there's a proper word for the lowly job, all I know is that I do nothing but give the dangerous animals food. I don't care though; animals tend to love me much, and I love them too.

I was called rude, many times. But really, I'm not. My mouth tends to say things completely different from what I'm thinking; I think my mouth has a mind of its own. And because of my rudeness, I had many enemies. And whenever those enemies of mine see me in the zoo, feeding the animals and cleaning their wastes, they would often laugh at me and tell me that it's karma for being so uncultured.

But just like always, I didn't care. As long as I have the only person important to me by my side, I don't care about whatever the hell they think of me. Indeed, I was a disastrous, poor, and uncivilized person. But what do you know; this cad had the most beautiful woman as his girlfriend.

Her name was Rionella Rachel Tomlinson; was twenty-one years old when I met her and a very successful model. She was very beautiful; with an appearance that of a goddess', kindness that of a saint's, an attitude that of a queen's, and a voice that of an angel's. Yes, she's that perfect. Yet, why did she love me?

"Neil, I love you." She said as she scratched the head of the teacup Chihuahua that I gave her for Christmas.

I choked on my pepsi. Did she just tell me what I think she did? W-what the hell, maybe I'm so tired I can't hear properly, or maybe my ears are so clogged with earwax… But that's not possible, I cleaned thoroughly earlier. "Uhm, what?" I asked her with a blush on my cheeks.

She looked at me with flushed cheeks. Damn, why is she so cute? "A-ahh! I said I-I-I… I love nutella…"

I raised an eyebrow at her. Surely, nutella is very far from love? They don't sound alike to me… "No you didn't, you said you love me." I said bluntly, and then realized what I just said.

We kept quiet for a moment, and then Rionella broke it with a laugh. "Oh yes, yes I did. Thanks for clearing that…" She stopped and stared right into my eyes. "Well, do you like me?" She whispered with her loving eyes boring straight to my heart.

Well, what should I say..? I actually really like her… The first time she went to the zoo and gave the animals so much love… The way she approached me to talk about them, when she didn't flinch when I glared at her, when she continued talking to me, the way she treated me like a normal person despite her being a star… Well, damn everything!

"I, I… But you're a star and I'm… The people, they'd… Shit, fuck everything that anyone would say!" I said and grabbed her shoulders before crashing my lips against hers.

I loved her, I truly did, and still do. We were inseparable; we had the best time of our lives. We had fun together, fought each other, made up, bear-hugged, French kissed, and made love. Those two years were the best time I ever had on me. She was my everything; she was my queen, my goddess, my angel, my everything. Everything. To the point that I started doing the only artistic thing that I knew everyday, folding paper cranes. Call me cheesy, but I didn't think I could live without her.