Chapter 14 - "This is our night."

“Trust me, you look fine,” Anne reassured Marcel as he checked his reflection in the mirror again. He fixed his hair and nervously tucked on his tie.

It was the night of the prom and Marcel couldn’t be more nervous. He had been looking forward to this day ever since he started dating Louis. Sure, Marcel had been to a prom before when he was in junior year but he had no date back then and he simply stood in the corner with a glass of coke, watching people dance with their date. Marcel probably wouldn’t admit it but he had been admiring Louis from afar the entire night even though Louis got wasted and made out with Eleanor right in front of Marcel – but Marcel didn’t get picked on that night, so it was a success, sort of.

Marcel made a promise to himself that this year was going to be different, and his mum helped him doing so. He bought a suit that fitted him perfectly and that he looked good in. It took a while but Anne eventually convinced Marcel to leave his hair in his natural curls and Harry borrowed Marcel a pair of his contact lenses. The older twin wasn’t really happy that Marcel was going out with Louis but Harry apologized to Marcel about a thousand times and Harry was forgiven after the thousand-and first time apologizing.

“Do you think Louis will like me like that?” Marcel asked and looked at Anne who nodded with a smile on her lips.

“I could use you as my mirror,” Harry commented, grinning widely as he eyed Marcel. “You should leave the nerd behind, you look much better like that.”

“Since I look like you and you say that I’m just going to assume you’re pretty much in love with yourself,” Marcel spoke, playfully glaring at his brother who simply wiggled his eyebrows with a chuckle.

“And before I forget to mention it; don’t say anything when Louis’ here to pick me up. You better don’t even show up in the hallway or else I cut your throat open,” Marcel threatened and Harry groaned but nodded. Marcel nodded with a content smile as the sound of the doorbell echoed through the house.

Marcel’s heart jumped for a second and he turned around, walking to the door. He took a deep breath and opened the door, revealing a smiling Louis. Marcel eyed Louis for a second – the slightly smaller boy was dressed in a suit as well and it was a huge difference to all those band shirts and skinny jeans Louis always wore. He still wore his piercings, but he wasn’t wearing a beanie to cover up his black hair, but he styled it into a quiff instead, and Marcel had to admit that Louis looked breathtaking.

“Hey,” Marcel said with a smile on his lips and wrapped his arms around Louis’ neck. Louis placed his hands on Marcel’s hips and leant in to place a gentle kiss onto the taller boy’s lips before he pulled away, smiling at Marcel.

“Holy shit, you weren’t kidding when you said you look like your older brother,” Louis said. “But you look better somehow, maybe because you’re you.”

Marcel blushed slightly. “Are you ready to go?” Louis asked and Marcel nodded. He grabbed his coat and slipped it on before he told his mum goodbye and then followed Louis to his car. Marcel sat down on the passenger seat while Louis sat down on the driver’s seat, shoving the keys into the ignition lock.

“Have you ever been to prom?” Louis asked and looked at Marcel instead of starting the car right away. The now curly-haired boy shrugged and looked at Louis.