chapter iii: harry

a/n: again, no a/n. i promise ill be better about adding these but i just got into a massive load of trouble and im upset lol

dedication to the one and only but always lovely @HaroldGreggoryStyles for being the most supportive reader ive ever had she's been here since day one and wow

Fall drifted into a cold winter that year.

Harry had grown weary; the change in season drained the color from his face and increased worry lines in between his forehead. He didn’t laugh as much—but he was still essentially the same Harry Louis loved unconditionally. Louis supposed that any person would break underneath the stress that Harry was put underneath, and he tried his very best to ease it.

Harry would slouch into their flat, his shoulders hunched and the lines of his face dark. Instead of bright, bubbling laughter, he was heavy sighs and worried eyes, which really concerned Louis. He would kiss Harry until he was breathless, running his hands throughout those curly locks eagerly. It took time and lots of effort (not to mention kisses) but Louis would have Harry back to his usual, perky self in no time.

It was strange, really—how much Harry relied on Louis to balance him out. His life had been on all the right tracks—the record label finally listened to his first EP and showered him in compliments and talks of signings, street sales were slowly going up, and he’d become almost fully booked for gigs. Yes, it was all unraveling in all the right ways for the longest time—and then it just stopped.

Louis knew how disappointed Harry was when the record deal fell through. It was his only chance to actually do something that he would enjoy, and yet he wasn’t even granted that small luxury. Instead, the record label closed their doors on Harry, leaving him in the bitter cold to fend for himself.

But that didn’t change things between Harry and Louis—they kept their relationship strong in those rocky weeks afterwards. Louis was there to wipe away those tears when Harry considered throwing it all away and going to university for an actual job. He was there to support him with his dream instead of beating it down like so many had done. And he was there to love Harry with everything he could.

Yes, the two of them were snoozing on the sofa together, bodies intertwined like French lace. Yes, there were more frown lines on Harry’s lovely cheeks, and yes, Louis was emotionally drained. Yes, they were dead broke and living on their last pennies. And yes, they were sick and tired of going nowhere.

But no, they were not going to give up.

{***}

The International World Trade controls much of the flocculation between stocks and share holds in the market today because of continued investments from overseas corporations that cannot fill the swing between our differing markets…

Harry’s drowsy eyes scan the page once, twice more.  A third time, just for extra measure.

His head drops a little further into his arms.