Chapter Twelve.

Alice's POV

I sat there, completely shocked. I couldn't believe it. My mate was the werewolf king. And I had planned on killing him. As I saw him getting closer and closer, I knew I couldn't let him get too close. The ruthless bastard would just kill me if he got the chance without even caring that I'm his mate. So I did the only thing I could. I took the shot.

I aimed dead-center in his chest hoping that he would get the message and stay the fuck away from me. I saw as the shot hit him directly in the chest and in that second I felt my heart break and I knew that I had probably fucked up every chance of ever being with my mate. As soon as Salem fell to the ground, I saw as his elites immediately jumped into action. They all ran forward to help their king and I saw a few of them getting ready to attack me. I picked up the AR-30A1 and ran downstairs to grab the Mk-11 and the Remington 870 plus a bag I had filled with grenades, C4, extra magazines for the AR-30A1 and the Mk-11. I quickly ran outside and filled everything into Chris's truck. As I ran back inside to get a ton of extra ammunition for all of the weapons, I made a mental note of having to find Chris and Hope and thank them for their help.

As I placed the ammo back in the truck, I tried to start it but it took too long. Suddenly I was grabbed by one of Salem's elites and not long after that I felt his fist connect with my jaw. I fell to the ground but quickly got back up and got ready for the fight. I made one quick move and I had both my swords out and ready to kill. I could see the elite's eyes flicker over to the silver sword and for a split second I saw fear flow through his eyes. I let a devilish grin make its way onto my face. I slowly made a move towards him and I was very surprised to see that he didn't back down. 'I guess Salem has trained them well' I thought to myself before quickly moving around him and grabbing him so I had the silver sword by his throat. "WHAT ARE YOUR ORDERS?" I yelled at him and pressed the sword a little harder against his throat to make sure he knew not to fuck with me right now. "We are to bring you home with us, unharmed. Luna" He said calmly. Too calmly when you think about his situation. And the way he said Luna. He seemed to have already formed the connection. But no it wouldn't happen. I had just shot Salem. I had destroyed every chance I had at being with my mate. As I thought about pulling the trigger of the rifle, my eyes began to tear up. In this moment of weakness, the elite managed to break free and grab me. And the worst part? I didn't even fight back. I had already given up hope... I had shot my mate. Granted I had a pretty good reason for doing it but that didn't change the fact that I had shot him. I didn't even know if he was dead or alive and it scared me. Not knowing whether your other half is dead or alive is something that finally broke me. I broke down crying with this elite pinning me to the floor. I just laid there and cried for what seemed like hours.

*************

The elite had tied me up and placed me on the couch. He was the only one I had seen so far. I was guessing that all the others were helping HIM. I had finally calmed down from crying but I couldn't bring myself to say his name. I knew that if I did that then I would break down again and I didn't want that. I had never wanted to break down in front of anyone especially someone that I didn't even know. "So who are you?" I asked with a hoarse voice. He looked at me for a minute before leaving. He came back with a glass of water. "Drink and then I'll answer whatever questions you might have" He said calmly. I didn't understand how he could be so calm about all of this. I was a hybrid. I wasn't supposed to live and I still didn't know if I had killed their king and my mate.

As I finished the water, he put the glass down and sat beside me. "So you asked who I am. Well that is simple. My name is Caleb. I'm Salem's brother in law and the trainer of the guards for his and your personal guards" He said softly. The only thing I focused on was the part about HIS personal guards being mine as well. 'Have they already accepted me? How many of them knows of HIS and my relati... Situation?' I thought to myself. I wasn't going to call it a relationship as I only knew HIM as one of the people that ordered the murder of my parents.

"Okay, Caleb. Since you are his brother in law why don't you tell me about him? I mean you two must be pretty close" I said with a plan forming in my head as to how I would get away. "Well he is a great man. He is fearless, protective of the people he cares about, family oriented and hard working. He has a sister, Ashley who is my mate and we are having a pup. He has been taking care of Ashley ever since their parents were murdered. He is a great king even though some of his people are scared of him" Caleb said calmly. He was talking to me like we had been friends for years. It was nice to feel like I belonged somewhere even though I knew I didn't. I had shot their king and there was no changing that.

"So tell me, Caleb. Since I am his mate, wouldn't that mean that I have the power to order you to let me go?" I asked with an evil grin on my face. I knew what power the mate bond had and how quickly it worked. I knew that I would have the same power over the werewolves as HE did. "Umm... I... I guess yeah..." He mumbled as he just realized what I had been thinking while he told me about HIM.

"Good then I order you to let me loose and let me go" I ordered sternly, my voice laced with an authority and power I had never realized I had. I could see the struggle in his eyes as he slowly got up and began to untie me. "Thank you. Now go and leave me here. And tell HIM that I don't want to see him anywhere near me. That is if he survives the bullet I gave him" I say as an evil smirk makes its way onto my face. The moment I said that, I felt my heart break into a thousand pieces. I wanted nothing more than to go straight to HIM but I knew that could never happen. I could never be with him. It would be too dangerous to be with him. Even though Claire, Caitlyn and Alexis was already in love with HIS wolf. I knew that they would need him but I couldn't be with him. It just wasn't possible. I'm illegal. I'm supposed to be exterminated. If I was with him then neither he, his family or me would be safe.

"Now you go and tell your KING that I don't want to see him ever again" I said as I slowly started to back away from him and head towards the door. "So you won't come with me? You won't at least give Salem a chance at giving you what you deserve?" He asked softly. "No I won't give any of you a chance to give me what I deserve. I know exactly what you plan on doing and I won't let you do that. I know what I want my life to be and it doesn't involve any of you" I spat at him. I knew that they weren't going to protect me or save me. No they were just going to kill me no matter what. So I did the only thing I could do. I turned around and started to run as fast as humanly possible.

I didn't get far I just ended up running directly into a wall. My hands started to move around and trace the wall. Wait walls don't have abs or muscles. No this wasn't a wall. This was a person. I slowly looked up, even though I already knew who it was from the sparks that flew across my skin, and was immediately captivated by a beautiful set of emerald eyes.

--------------------

Question Of The Chapter: What is your favorite element? Fire, water, earth or wind? Which of these make you feel most comfortable?

My Answer: Water. It makes me relax and feel at peace.