Sujood to Shaytan

While Barsisa was being dragged to his execution spot, Shaytan came to him and said, "Listen Barsisa I am Shaytan and it was me who was in communication with you since this whole thing started and not your inner thoughts. Now I can get u out of this trouble if you want. I am the one who put you in this trouble in the first place and I can get u out of it."

Barsisa asked, "What should I do?"

Shaytan said, "Do sujood to me and I will save you."

Barsisa did sujood to Shaytan (i.e. committed shirk) and as soon as he did so, Shaytan ran away and Barsisa was executed.

Conclusion...

Such is the deception of Shaytaan. Praise be to Allah, who Gives the Muslimeen safe haven from fitaan, with the different alternatives we have been given. And when Allah ta'ala has granted us the ability to leave off this fitnah, let us not willingly plunge ourselves into potentially harmful situations. For, ultimately we put our own emaan to the test. And shall we have yaqeen [certainty] with our level of emaan, knowing that it fluctuates, increasing at times and decreasing at others? No, for Allah Knows Best that which shall come to pass.

The example is brought before us, of a pious man, who fell into sin and was deceived by Shaytaan. And indeed the sin shall touch those who are pious if they lower their shield of taqwa. So inshaaAllah, when the fitaan is present, let us remember Allah ta'ala, fear Him with the fear that He is deserving of us and distance ourselves from it.