Chapter One.

I don't know why I'm still here and he treats me the way he does. He cheats on me and hits me at times. Everyone in the town knows, well the cheating part but not the abuse. I ain't gone leave him though because I would define myself as a ride or die. I'm not a switch sider as some may call it.

"ELLA BRING YOUR YELLOW ASS HERE NOW!!"

Lady and gents that's my fiance Gabriel. I wouldn't let anyone call me out like that unless you're my bestfriend Sydney. In a joking manner of course.

I hurried downstairs to see what Gabe wanted, because he sounded pretty angry.

"Yes baby?" I asked

"What the fuck is this?" he said pulling out a pair of boxers

"Umm boxers? duh." I said lightly chuckling

"No fucking duh these are boxers. These aren't mine !! ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?!" within a blink of a eye he hopped up off the sofa and had me up by my hair.

"Gabe. No. Of course not. I love you too much to cheat on you." Now let me tell y'all, I was hella panicking. Yes! I was telling the truth but I didn't have time to cover up any bruises today because I had to go to work in 30 minutes.

"Th-Th-They must be Mike's my brothers. He came over yesterday while you were at work to wash clothes because his dryer broke! I promise. You can even call him. Please just let me go I have to go to work in 30 minutes. When I get back I could make it up to you babe." I spoke so fast, because ya girl was not tryna get beat on and I wasn't tryna be late to work today.

"You already know I'm going to call him cause I know you cant be trusted! but you promise to make it up to daddy later?" he said while licking my neck and all I could do was nod because I really didn't wanna get busy tonight and I didn't want him to sense the disgust in my voice because it'll only make him angrier ...

Mama said never love a nigga more than he love me, my daddy said the same thing and he's a OG.

9:01 A.M

Here I am late to work. I was suppose to be in the building giving my boss his coffee by 9 o'clock on the dot and heading to my desk. If you're wondering what I do, I am an intern at one of the best law firms. So, that's why I stress about being late so much. This is my dream, my destiny, to become a lawyer, gotta start off small right?

"You're late Brown." My boss informs me as I walk into his office

"Yes sir, I'm so sorry I won't be late anymore this month I promise. I had ran into traffic, but here's your coffee just how you like it." I said forcing a smile

"Black how I ---" Oh lord, here comes that "joke" he says every time I bring him his coffee but thank god! someone knocked on his door.

"Come in" He told the mystery person

OH SWEET LORD BABY JESUS... When I say this man is fine. He is fine. The finest chocolate man I have ever laid eyes on. I am not the biggest fan of black guys either but this one. He. Has. Me. Speechless.

"Quinton my man ! How have you been ? I haven't seen you since that drop" Did I just here drop? As in Drug type drop? Mr. Jones wasn't the best whisper or maybe I was just listening extra hard. I had to snicker at myself cause I'm too funny 'listening extra hard' but while I was laughing at myself Quinton was staring at me with those beautiful light brown eyes of his. Whoa wait what in the world am I talking about ?! I am engaged get it together Ella.

"And you are?" Quinton asked

"Oh.. um.. I'm uh.. Ella Brown" I was holding out my hand waiting for him to shake it but he just looked at it, and started checking me out. I was starting to feel real uncomfortable and I was gonna ask him to stop looking at me like that but before I could Mr. Jones rudely dismissed me.

1:45 P.M.

During my lunch break My bestfriend and I met up at subway.

"Els whats going on boo!? You never call me out for lunch while you're at work unless you got something juicy to tell me!!" Sydney knows me so well

"Girl let me tell you. I saw the finest chocolate man ever in my life. He was staring at me while he was talking to Mr. Jones!! And I swear I had started my period but come to find out when I went to the bathroom I was just wet!! Like I felt sooo dirty and wrong because one I don't know this man and two I'm engaged" I sighed just thinking about it.

"Ella Mai Brown finding a black man attractive. okay. BUT you getting aroused over one? ARE YOU OKAY?!" Yeah I was shocked myself.

"I know, I know. I don't know he's just---" Before I could even finish my sentence he walks through the door and starts ordering

"Hello!? Earth to Els." Sydney was waving her hand in front of my face until she followed my gaze, and started smirking

"Sooo that must be the lucky guy huh? Shall I call him over here?"

If anything that for sure got me out of my trance.

"NO! Can we just leave now?" I asked with pleading eyes

Before she could answer he was on his way over to us and lets just say after his appearance I was red as a tomato, my legs stayed crossed, and numbers were exchanged.

* * * * * ** * ** * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *** * ** * * * * ****

Well, guys that was chapter one. I know its not the best, but I mean it is the first chapter and I am so sorry for any mistakes. I know there has to be quite a few because I had got tired lol. The next chapter will be better I promise. As I post more chapters the more interesting the story will become. Show me some love yeah? votes? comments? you guys can even Message me with any concerns of the story. I accept negative and positive comments, because even haters love you. they love you more than your fans cause they're the main ones watching, reading, and listening to everything you do lol

ELLA IN THE MEDIA!!!

HOPE YOU ENJOYED CHAP ONE !!!! LOVE YALL