Cursed.

Cursed.

Prologue~

The demons slunk through the forest that surrounded the great Edwardian Mansion.

The mouthwatering smell of humanity seeping from it like grease from a piece of old fried chicken. This demon in particular couldn't wait to feast on the fear, to suck the emotions out of the pitiful creatures, leaving their bodies like oysters with there insides scooped out, empty shells better off dead. The demon grinned, a sight that would most certainly be horrifying and disgusting, that is, If you could distinguish It's mouth from the other befuddiling figures of it's anatomy, the demon itself couldn't locate its mouth, not that it mattered, It didn't need teeth and tongue to eat its "food". The anger that burned in this creature, the utter loathing for humanity and all of its kind would only make it enjoy dinner even more. The demons were now on the mansions grounds, scuttiling over the high walls, flowing like water. The people who lived in the mansion, the Ravenscar family, the people who killed off half his clan. They were a prominent family in the demon slaying Industry. killing them was going to be very enjoyable way to teach the underworld a lesson of who was on top.

they had come to the front door, a great oak mass with the Ravenscar crest scorched onto its surface, a dagger and a raven's feather crossed. other than that no other ornament decorated the front door, the stupid humans, too proud to put protections around their own home, they obviously thought that demons wouldn't dare to come close to the home of the infamous killers of many of their brothers and sisters...

They were dead wrong.

The demon chuckled at how appropriate that phrase was for the occasion, then scuttled on its numerous appendages through the heavy grain of the oak door, leaving behind only a black mark to show that it had once been there.

****************************************************************************

The Girl heard the crashes and screams that were coming from upstairs, and dropped her cup, water and shards of glass sparkling in the moonlight as it smashed against the floor. she had only come down to get a drink, what could have possibly gone wrong in that amount of time? Let me pause at this moment in our story to describe the girl in question. She was a petite thing with beautiful angled eyes, whose true color would reveal itself with age. her glowing white skin was further illuminated by the moonlight, she had catlike features that had now become alert and still, she was also in possesion of the thick, jet black hair that the Ravenscars were famous for. against the girls wishes her mother had made her grow her hair long instead of shearing it short. her mother wanted her to play both sides, the dignified lady, and the lethal killer.

she preferred the later...

she heard another scream coming from upstairs and struggled to keep her breath calm and steady, since the time she was five she had been trained to slay demons and their kind, she knew that she must control her fear and use it against the enemy. She was now only eight, but by using this technique, had already killed six demons.

she ran over to the counter and grabbed the large kitchen knife from where it lay, next to a wheel of yellow cheese. This was probably another test, just another thing her mentor, Meyer, had set up for her to pass. she bet the whole family had joined in, for a laugh, pretending to be helpless victims...

these thoughts, however, did not slow her racing heart as she ran up the stairs that lead from the servants quarters to the parlour. she came to the door and swung it open. to reveal the parlour, in ruins, and in the middle of it was her little brother, Gred

But something was not right.

The girl ran to her brother, who fell onto her. he was makingf odd gurgling noises.

she laid him down, and as she did she caught a glimpse of his face. his eyes, even the whites had turned completely pitch-black and now resembled empty back holes, his face was blue, his cheeks sunken, his round boyish face now gaunt. She picked him up again and noticed it then. The lightness.

His soul was missing.

He had been eaten.

"You're horror. Its delectable." said a british accent from behind her.

It was a demon in human form. its black eyes glinting grossly. she put herself defensively in front of her brothers corpse.

"It is much more filling than you're brothers, Its such a pity that me and my boys are full, I mean with such a big meal and one tantilizing little morsel left, what's one to do?"

" you, you, festering scum, ate my..." she said the words but couldn't manage to say the last one. they were words that tore through her spirit through her spirit like darts through a paper bird. as much as her mind wanted to exact its revenge her body gave up, letting her knife fall from her hands, dropping to her knees, she was prepared to meet whatever fate that was brought upon her.

"I've got a good Idea." said the demon. as the girl tried to wound it with her eyes.

"what good would it be to exact ones revenge on others, without one person, one helpless, innocent, child, to be left alive, to feel all the pain and guilt for her whole life, yes I like this Idea very much."

The demon dropped to its knees. the girl emotions were flat. she had shut down, she refused to let this monster make a meal out of her.

"and also" the demon tilted her chin up so that she met his eyes " a little curse."

he covered her face with his hands, which more closely resembled claws.

" A little of what you have tried your whole pathetic life to obliterate from the face of the earth. a little bit of demon and misery."

and as the demon spoke these last words the darkness spread from its hands and engulfed the girl.

Let this be a warning.

there are things scarier than werwolves and vampires out there

things not made by mother nature.

things that don't belong on this planet.

so...

You who do not fancy for hard, trying times.

who would prefer to go back to their suburban fairy tale.

who dislike painful sacrifices.

Please by all means go you might be missing the next hannah montana episode.

But to you who are still reading, lets look towards a brighter future for our little Girl.

our Cursed girl.

If there one thing you should know it is this.

no matter what happens you must always look towards happier times.

for one day It might be your only way to survive.

~ Cheshire ^ ^