18

"You're so dumb," Harry whispered once he noticed that Niall wasn't going to respond. He quickly stepped away from the blonde, giving him space to think and breathe but more than that, he wanted Niall to know the he was comfortable with whatever decision Niall would make. Harry still couldn't believe he had spilled his secret out and more than that, he couldn't believe that Niall had actually just frozen on spot. Literally. The Irishman was just staring at him in confusion mixed with suspicion, blue eyes widened into the size of saucepans and Harry would've chuckled if he wasn't dreading Niall's answer. 

"You-you what?" The blonde whispered, his voice coming out in a high pitched squeal. Niall bit his lips, staring at Harry's eyes for any signs of a lie and just waiting for the brunette to scream 'you just got punked' all of a sudden. But when the minutes ticked by and nothing happened, not a single respond from Harry, Niall decided to take matters into his own hands. "For how long?" 

"I-I have no idea. It just...happened." Harry ran a hand through his thick curls, feeling frustrated with himself. There was a bit of an odd feeling in his chest from the first time he had laid eyes on Niall but he was too young back then to make such big decisions. He had simply brushed it all aside but when Niall hit puberty, transforming him into this sex god, Harry just couldn't help himself. He didn't really know when the feeling started but he was fairly aware that that awkward first kiss between them, the one that resulted in slap on his cheek, was the first moment when he had actually allowed himself to think 'damn i love this fool.' 

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" Niall whispered, taking Harry's hands in his own once he noticed the brunette tugging sharply again and again on his hair. The sight made Niall flinch, seeing just how much this situation affection Harry made a part of him believe that this man in front of his eyes with his beautiful curls and a sinful smile might not be lying after all. But then, what did that mean? Niall had just come to terms with his feelings and he wasn't going to label it was 'love' just yet. He was falling, surely, but he wasn't there yet.He needed time and he needed space, but more than that, he needed to know whether Harry was going to wait. 

"I-I thought you were straight or just damn confused about you're sexuality. You had never been with anyone and I had never seen you even checking a guy out. I knew you needed to at least experiment a little to be sure with your feelings but then, Louis came up with this crazy plan and things just got worse from there." Harry cringed, feeling a bit stupid for even agreeing to them but then again, if it wasn't because of all those stupid plans, him and Niall wouldn't be standing here just talking things out. For the first time ever. 

"Um...okay," Niall whispered, feeling shy for not keeping a little secret from Harry. He might have given his first kiss to the man but that didn't mean he was totally untouched. He was just better at hiding things when compared to the other boys.

"If you're uncomfortable with me after this entire conversation, then just say the word and I'll leave." The blonde frowned once Harry had gotten the words out of his mouth. Did he feel uncomfortable? A bit but not because of Harry's feelings but rather because of what they were going to do. They were dating for the public eye so that shouldn't be a problem, only now it would be much more real. He just hoped that it didn't interfere with the band. It was okay to have two members faking relationship with each other and hating each other behind the scenes but it was not okay to get your heart broken by your band mate. That was going to cause some serious tension in the band because this time, there would be feelings related to love in it and wherever love went, chaos seemed to follow. 

"Don't leave. I-I like you too. At least I think I do. But Harry, please give me time to just think, yeah?" Niall whimpered, putting the taller man's hands on his cheek, just wanting to feel the way they had always felt when they were touching him. Something seemed to have changed because Niall could feel a sort of electricity running through his veins and when Harry smiled, those delicious lips curling upwards, inching a bit closer towards Niall's shorter frame, the blonde couldn't help but lean forward, letting their lips collide with each other. He wrapped his arms around Harry's neck, pulling him closer as their lips moved with each other in a messy frenzy , as if they were trying to get all their feelings right by just one kiss.