Acceptance

Wow haven't blogged in so long that I may be a bit rusty.

-cough, cough-  Hi my is name Chris and I'm a writer.  I've been writing since the age of 13 to combat depression, and I use this medium to combat it still.

The purpose of this blog is to touch upon something I've been comptemplating very much lately, acceptance.  What do I mean by this, right?  Are we as people born a certain way, or do we become who we are today or will be in our future?

I've been watching a lot of youtube videos as of recently on a lot of topics from transgender to cosplay and anime.  Honestly I feel that we as a society don't accept each other for our differences at first.  And I'm not sure if it's because of our physical appearances or if it's our mentalities, but I do know that people aren't as accepting as they may claim to be.

In honesty there's something out there that may have someone be like 'oh no I can't accept that'.  For me it was transgender people, because I didn't understand it.  Unlike most people who shy away from subjects that they don't agree with, I instead researched it and very thoroughly might I add.

My journey into unknown world was wikipedia, which happens to be a normal frequent of mine in times of confusion.  After reading the entire page full of data I was left with more questions than I began with.  And I honestly recall that I stumbled into youtube by accident when I typed in transgender into google.

Thus like most searches without specific details there was adult content posted first.  So I avoided that and scrolled down the page of links, and wasn't truly interested in the links presented.  I next clicked the videos tab, because I honestly knew what was in the image tab so I had to avoid it at all costs.  And once I was at the video tab I found a youtube video of moonfire1777.

Now in case you don't know who this is, she is a transgender female and in every sense she appears to be female.  And if you didn't know -like me at first- then you would assume this was a girl commenting on the transgender topic.  However that wasn't the case, this was a person who was born a male but for all reasoning believed that they were a female.

Now being a straight male I was confused on this subject and after a lot of hours spent on her channel and several others it became clear to me.  Transgender people are people whose mentality does not match their physicality.  Yes seems confusing, and some may wonder what's the difference between transgender and homosexual.  A lot actually.

Homosexuality is when two people of the same sex are attracted to one another.  Yes I know most transgender people start off this way, but there is a difference between being homosexual and being transexual.  Being transexual goes beyond homosexuality, because you give up the gender that was given to you at birth and become the gender that you feel always defined you.  Thus making a transgendered person a hetrosexual person despite what they were born as.

Well...some transexuals are hetrosexual.  There are a lot of other variations of this as well from homosexual to wanting nothing to do with either sex.  But for the most part the physical matches the mental in the basic sense.

So how does this all play together with my acceptance theme simple.  After all those countless hours on youtube, wikipedia, etc. I learned to accept this as a new normalcy.  Now mind you I know I'll get a lot of flack because of my view point, but I don't care.

I honestly feel that now that I know and understand this view point that I am confident about who I am as a person.  I am a hetrosexual male, who was born a male, my frame of mind is that of a male, and I am accepting of anyone who is confident about themselves.  If you're a male or female, naturally or not, it doesn't matter to me as long as you are a decent person.  Because if you are a decent person then anything else doesn't matter.

To summarize my ideas acceptance starts when you begin to ask questions.  Without those questions then you'll be left with a false sense of knowing, and I'm fairly certain that though I may think I know how to do something without the proper knowledge I won't be able to accomplish the task.

So do your research, ask questions, watch documentaries, youtube videos, read books, etc.  Do whatever it takes for you to understand whatever you may not be able to accept.  Now I will admit there are still some things in life that people will never accept.

For me personally I'll never be able to accept crimes, but I do understand why certain crimes are committed.  However, that doesn't mean I support those motives.  Basically that's it, thanks for reading.  Take care.

- Christopher James Lowen