P E B B L E B O Y

This is my entry for the 'The Bad Boy Stole My Bra' One Shot Competition! It's based about 20 years after Rilec's wedding(: This story is full of book-related lines😁👍🏻

📖K A I T L I N H U G H E S📚

My parents apparently had a really interesting love story. I mean, any love story that starts with the new bad boy in town stealing some girl's bra has got to be interesting, it's just a given. My dad helped my mom sort out some hard times in her life, some of which related back to my namesake, Mom's sister Kaitlin. My mom basically helped my dad change his ways 100%. I've been told–mostly by dad's friends–that he used to get into a lot of trouble and went through girls quickly.

Let's change the topic though, it's disgusting to think of one of your parents doing that. Especially when my dad hardly even mentions that he finds anyone besides my mom ever-so-slightly attractive.

Overall, I've grown up with this idea of a perfect love. So did my older brother, whose name is Alec.

As you can tell, Dad still hasn't lost his arrogance. I'm fact, he passed it onto Alec Jr., and it's quite annoying. Mom and I roll our eyes on a daily basis at the two of them. They are both just so full of themselves. And don't get me started on the prank wars this family has. We just ended one last week that had been going on for over a month. Sometimes Uncle Jack comes over and joins in, and my God-Uncle Joe always helps me come up with new ideas to get back at my family.

Okay, wait, I've gotten way off topic. I was talking about the idea of love that my parents passed onto their children.

Alec and I haven't been very lucky in our quest for the same love as our parents. I've dated a couple people, but in all of those relationships, we ended up splitting on mutual terms. Alec, however, has gone through a couple heart breaks. Luckily, through knowing about Dad, and Mom's warnings, he doesn't just go through girls like I go through books (which is a couple weekly), and he actually tries to find someone who means something to him.

We both have a fair amount of people that would date us. I don't mean this to brag, but guys are always hitting on me, much to my known displeasure. Also, Alec basically has a fan club of girls to choose from.

We both got my Dad's blue eyes, and Mom's brunette hair. I ended up with the darker skin tone, and Alec is almost paler than our mom. For some odd reason, people find us attractive. Sue us, I dare you.

We both get that we are only a junior and a senior in high school, but that's when our parents found love. It would be kind of nice if we could, too.

But those odd's are definitely not in our favor.

~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~

"Alec! Kaitlin! Get your lazy butts down here!" I sigh as I get up from my bed, and reluctantly put my bookmark in its place. I don't want to get Mom mad, that's always a bad thing.

"Do you know what's going on? I was in the middle of playing a game of Mario Kart with Uncle Jack. He's always been so competitive with that game. He didn't even want to stop when his wife called him to get their kid." Alec and I laugh slightly at our uncle's ongoing love for the game.

"Nope, no idea. But I'm guessing we should probably go downstairs, don't want to make Mom mad." My big brother just nods and starts down the stairs with me right behind him. Once we get down, we see our parents putting shoes on, and mom has a platter of assorted cookies ready to go somewhere.

"C'mon, kids, put your shoes on. We are going to greet our new neighbors. I told your mother we should wait for tomorrow, to see if any dares happen tonight for old-time's sake. But, for some reason, she's against that idea." Dad smirks at us as we get down the steps.