Chapter III - The Placid

Chapter III – The Placid

“I demand to know how you came to possess this cyborg!” Paolo shouted, his voice echoing throughout the hall. J. J. slapped a hand over his face only for it to be shoved away as he got into Roderick’s face, “You had to have stolen it! There is no way someone like your father could afford something like this!”

Roderick shook his head, still in far too much shock to even argue back. The thing with cyborg encoding was that it could not lie or be tampered with. The owner was always imprinted into the very programming of the robot and the device would then revolve around the will of the owner.

“I… I… I don’t know… I mean… I…”

“What is going on?” Anastasia demanded as she walked over, a hand over where the boy sat with only the towel still covering his lower regions. Cecilia rolled her eyes as she walked to Roderick’s side.

“I will tell you what is going on, sister. Roderick owns a custom made cyborg!”

Her head shot in the direction of the boy again. He seemed to be fiddling around with his fingers, amazed at their movements. She then shook her head and laughed.

“He had to have stolen it.”

Paolo’s hands flew into the air, “That’s what I said!”

J. J. rolled her eyes now and leaned over to inspect the boy. She moved her hand up and down his coding on his arms and then looked into his eyes.

“Wow, this is even better made than the T9-Parker series. Masterson Corporation really outdid themselves with this one.”

The boy then shot his head in J. J.’s direction causing her to fall backwards onto the court floor. He then shook his head rapidly.

“I am not a Masterson Corporation product. I am a BAM III!”

They all laughed again now and blew off the idea. Masterson Corporation made everything. There was simply no way that was possible and they all knew it.

“I think he might be a prototype. It doesn’t even know its origins.”

“Or it’s owner!” Roderick shouted, “That isn’t mine!”

“False!” The boy jumped up, his towel falling from his waist followed by an oddly shaped object. Anastasia screamed as she hid her face in Paolo’s back and Cecilia shut her eyes tightly. The boys both looked up as the boy walked over.

“What?” Roderick asked.

“Roderick is my owner. I read your waives. You are so sad since your mother’s passing. You have a kind heart.” Roderick looked down confused and watched as the boy placed his light blue hand onto his chest where is heart was, “Roderick has pain. I feel pain too. Roderick is master.”

The children all looked to one another is astonishment. They’d found themselves speechless.

“See, he has to be yours. He knows about your mom.” Paolo said this time in a low, steady voice. He was not as condescending this time but almost saddened by the words of the cyborg.

“How did you know that?” Cecilia asked, eyes still shut tightly.

Roderick made a fist and flew at Paolo. He had red eyes as a single tear fell down his left cheek.

“This is a sick joke, you spoiled swine. How dare you?!”

“It wasn’t me!” Paolo shouted. While before he felt he could fight Roderick, a boy equal in size and strength to him, he now felt that the pure vengeance running through his rival’s veins was too much for any one man to take.