Part 7: To Face Fear is to Face One's Self. How's that, Adrenaline Junkie?

He feared death. He enjoyed facing it, almost meeting it, the rush was to die for. Other people facing death, that death he feared. How he could bring his cousin in to this...?

You couldn't have know.

What does, 'You've been dared,' exactly entail?

That's the thing, you don't know. He couldn't have known. 

But he should have.

He was stuck on his own hubris, thinking he could enter this challenge, that it was all a joke, and even if it wasn't... hoping it wasn't...

What kind of sick fuck was he?!

"We'd still be at the beginning."

Aimé wearily lifted his head. "What?"

The agent smiled kindly at him, squatting down beside him, though he didn't know when he himself came to sit on the ground. "At least, this way," the blond said, "he  helped us get one step closer to saving others. He died a hero."

The brunet gave him an incredulous look. "By accepting an email request?"

He was met with a glare. "He's a HERO." That kind smile still remained stubbornly locked in place. His eyes said that if he lost it now, he might not be able to get it back. "You're a hero. If it wasn't you, it'd have been someone else. It's best that it was you, and even him." He let his eyes travel to where the medics were packing things up, taking the body to the hospital. "It's best this way," he breathed out, trying to convince himself, trying to reason out the 'why' for this pain in the grand scheme of things. "It's best." Those brown eyes tried to convince him.

 Aimé didn't say anything, couldn't say anything.

--- 

He didn't speak English well, nor could he be blamed for such. How was he to know that learning Latin wouldn't be nearly as helpful as an actual living language outside of Vatican City?

Still. Richard was a genius. He could figure this out. English took it's roots from Latin. Ergo, it shouldn't be too overly hard to learn.

He'd learned Japanese in less time.

His lovely captive mumbled something. All he caught was, "... Jesus Christ..."

"Did you need something, Love?" he asked, turning to the next page in his English book.

A sigh passed forth from her beautiful lips. "Richard... How long are you planning to let this go on?"

Jessica, her long, dirty blonde hair flowing down the back of the chair she was chained to, seemed irritated sitting across from him, next to the fire place. Her lips were set in a thin line as her hazel eyes sought to boil his body made up of sixty percent water.

He licked the tips of his fingers, turning another page. "Until I've completed your dare."

"And what if I dare you to stop this? Put an end to this right now."

"Then, I'm afraid, I would not end it how you would want." His response was smug. His eyes were turned away from her.

Her glare continued. "You've never cared about what I've wanted."

He looked incredulously at her. "What you've wanted?" His eyes turned steely, to diamond, even, made to cut. "What about what I've wanted? What about my dare to you?"