Ayano's Theory Of Happiness

Chapter 7 [Back to Ayano’s POV]

Ayano’s eyes fluttered open as she sat up, her school uniform and red scarf was still on. I’m dead right? Or maybe… I am a ghost? She glanced around surroundings were there was nothing but plain white. Putting a trembling hand over her heart she stood up wincing a bit as she took a step forward, her legs didn’t feel like they were hers. Her brown hair was tousled around her and her chocolate brown eyes were hard and flickered to red every now and then.

Wandering around the unknown place, a door presented itself to her when walking in no direction seemed hopeless.

Seeing Kido, Kano and Seto inside was the most painful thing. I stood behind them as I saw them brawling their eyes out with a picture of me with flowers around the frame in front of them. Kido had her hands in front of her eyes tears rushing down her face, while Kano was slouching in his spot, and poor Seto just cried the loudest.

This was the family I had left behind… I was sure they’d stay strong; I knew they knew I loved them all dearly, but I had abandoned them. They had each called themselves monsters but I always convinced them that they were something special- a hero.

In a little house with red brick walls, they whisper to each other, like planning in secret, in the three pairs of red eyes I was shown lied a past they hid from adults…
With fear in their eyes, they cry “I’m just a monster,”
So I tell them, “That’s not true at all, just look here.”
“Red is the colour of a hero, so there’s no need to be afraid anymore…”

Thinking of what be fun or might be dumb, I was the big sister and I had to try my hardest- “Ah hey guys, look at this!” I cry as I wrap my red scarf around my neck and posing like a superhero. "A secert brigade er something?" I heard the three gasp, looking at each of them I smiled: Seto smiling, Kido opened mouth and Kano grinning.

I smiled as I remembered that memory.

Another door had appeared so I opened it. I stepped inside and soon I saw that I was in a familiar room- my father’s study. “Why did it have to be my precious daughter?” sobbing cries was heard, as he slouched in front of his desk from near the shelf. Looking at him, I felt the tears run down my face, I quickly wiped them and walked over to his desk where files were scattered. I reached out my hand then retracted it, cleching it near my heart.

Wobbling out into the hall, he walked past me unknowingly and left the room, tears on his face and his light brown hair was a mess, he looked like he hadn’t slept for days or months.

‘What date is it? It couldn’t have been too long right?’ looking back at the desk, I picked up two files that caught my attention. Tears formed in my eyes again as I see it’s not something I wanted. I let them run down my face as I think of my friends; the files were on Takane Enomoto and Haruka Kokonose, her best friends. She could picture them even now both smiling at her, then when Shintaro making Takane mad and them both trying to punch each other, while Haruka smiled and tried to calm them down.

Things had gone mad, but by the time I noticed, I couldn’t tell anyone. “No, no, I don’t want to be destroyed…” There came a world where happiness ends… “Oh darker red no, I beg you, please don’t destroy what I found, or ruin anyone’s future anymore.” I thought as I cried again to myself, keeping it hidden with a smile…

“If I had those red eyes myself, could I save someone’s future?” Awkward and shameful, this is my lonely plan… Now that I’m gone, I wonder if that secret club is still getting along, and smiling together? I’m sure they must be upset with me… But I wonder if I’ve become their “big sister” now…

Please try to remember that word I loved; “Happiness” is a curious thing, so I hope you can love tomorrow…