Chapter Two

And being a trouble maker was exhausting. But not as exhausting as a weak immune system and numbered days. Justin grumbled and I laughed in response, rolling over onto my side.

He sat up, quickly, with his hair on edge and his grin lopsided and turned to me.

“I’m going to-“

He stopped.

I had, regrettably, fallen asleep. After the day of exploring, shopping and running from trouble I was drained. Justin, however, was the polar opposite- full of life. 

I could almost picture him, that smirk lighting up his face, smiling at me asleep (and drooling, embarrassingly)

“Explore, I’ll be back.”

I felt a light, soft touch against my hand and then, as I heard the door close over, I was covered in the luxurious bedding- sleeping soundly.

My dreams were a mixed up recalling of the day, featuring Justin and myself- dashing through the fluorescent lights of the city, we did a lot of running it was apparent (which, I guess, would explain the burning feeling in my calves)

When I woke up, refreshed, Justin sat there- smiling.

“How long have I-“

I was cut off by his laughter, and I instantly dashed to the mirror- surveying my reflection, with a frown.  My wig, the stolen wig from the morning, was lopsided and- as Justin delicately put it- looked like a brown mop.  My make-up (or rather the make-up my Mom insisted I wore, despite my distaste) was streaked down my face- and on the pillows, I noticed.

“Not long.” Justin answered, as I adjusted my appearance.

“You looked..” He fumbled through thoughts for a word, a delicate smile on his face as he added “peaceful”

I smiled, that may just have been the most normal thing I’ve heard him say- without any flirting.

“I was so tempted to join you, you know.”

He winked.

Oh there we go.

I rolled my eyes at him as I adjusted my appearance, noticing that- when he went ‘exploring’ Justin picked up some things. And those ‘things’ to be exact were: a bar of Hershey’s, some Skittles, two Cokes and, lastly, a credit card.

I raised an eyebrow at him.

He shrugged.

Peeling the Hershey’s wrapper open, and depositing a few Skittles into his mouth, Justin smiled.  “Mr Watson ordered room service,” He announced, offering me some of his findings.  He dangled the credit card in my face with a triumphant smile, I frowned.

It seemed trouble followed this boy wherever he went and I, unfortunately, was part of this mess. But, I couldn’t help myself as I took a piece of the Hershey’s bar- Mr Watson wasn’t going to be pleased, but at least we were having fun.

I’m sure we’d be home by the morning, anyway.

And “Mr Watson” had ordered room service that morning, a huge breakfast that looked more suited for a family than two people. But God did it smell good, my appetite perked up when I smelt the bacon, pancakes, maple syrup.  The room service guy gave us a questioning look and I returned the look to Justin.

“What?” He asked, mouthful of bacon. “Mr Watson can’t treat himself?”

I glared at him, a little evil glint in my eyes, as the room service guy left- leaving us in silence.